Sunday 21 April 2013

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With High Arches

Helen asks…

Which is the best running shoe for women?

I have high arches and most of the impact in my foot occurs in the heel and the ball of my feet. I need shoes with lots of cushioning. which shoes would you suggest?

Our pick of the answers:

1) new balance 2) asics 3) puma * I have really high arches too, I had a pair of nikes that really hurt my arches when I ran, so I figured it was just the shoe, and I bought another pair from nike, which hurt my feet as well. New Balances are soo much more comfortable.

Mary asks…

What pointe shoes would be good for me?

Last year when I started taking pointe, the kind of shoes the lady put me with were Bloch Signature Rehearsals. I suppose I like the way they fit but the shank was very very hard and they still really haven't broken in yet..... They were made for professional dancers and I don't really like them :P I watched the video on Bloch's TMT breaking in technology, and I thought that looked great for me........ In a different shoe. I have very strong legs and fairly strong feet, with medium width and medium-high arches. I wear a size 8 street (women USA). Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Our pick of the answers:

Maybe try going back to the lady and see what she would suggest. Personally i used Bloch Sonatas they were a really good shoe, very strong. You could try breaking them in more. Bend your arches backwards and forwards but be careful that you don't make them too bendy, if your shoes are double backed you could try taking out the nail that's at the heel of your shoe. (it'll be under the suede bit on the bottom of your shoe) bash the toes on the floor it might soften them a little. You might find also that because you have only just started that you don't use them a lot and as a result they will take longer to break in. Try talking to your teacher too. See what she says. Hope this helps

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Shoes For Women With High Arches

No comments:

Post a Comment