Thursday 4 April 2013

Your Questions About High Heels High Hopes Shirt

Lisa asks…

How should I develop the plot to my story?

I want to write a novel and ( with luck,time,and very sore fingers) one day it be a "bestseller". I know that it probably won't, but you can always dream. I'd rather it not be a fantasy novel or something having to do with futuristic ANYTHING or killers, since most novels already have an abundance of that. I have my major characters down, 4 of them so far and I'm thinking of adding two more, a boy and a girl. 1. A girl named Tate. Sandy Blonde hair with blue streaks in her short hairs and the front of her ears. "Peach" skin tone. Blueish/Greenish eyes.19 years old, majoring in Computer Engineering. She's a bit introverted and laid back. Her style is relaxed and dresses mostly in jeans,t shirts, hoodies, and sneakers. 2. Guy named Lenny,Dark brown hair,shaved on both sides and lazy mo-hawk type style. Olive skin tone. Green eyes. 21 years old very introverted and shy around strangers but is a mess with people he cares about. Works at a magazine as a columnist for music topics. His style.. consist of dark jeans and regular tee shirts; Sometimes sweater vest or jacket. Possible romantic interest for Blair. 3. A girl named Blair. Shoulder length curly hair. Caramel skin tone, Brown eyes. 20 years old,and a college student studying Fashion. Extroverted, loves to dress in heels, leggings, jeans, and band tee shirts. Hopes to start a high fashion clothing line one day. 4. A guy named Eric. " Peach " skin tone. Shaved hair. Brown eyes. Currently works at shoe store but dreams of being a famous music producer. His style consists of an abundance of sneakers(Jordan's, Chuck Taylor's,etc.) Snap-backs, and True Religion. He reminds me a lot of Mac Miller. ( I didn't do it on purpose I swear lol) I'm thinking of the setting being in New York or somewhere "edgy" like that with a diverse crowd. And they're all friends. Thanks in advance! :)

Our pick of the answers:

Your plot depends on what your characters' goals, so figure out what they want to do and what problems they might encounter trying to do it, whether from people, planning, or events. Personally, I've never cared a quarter for my characters' looks as for their mindsets and motivations. How do their personalities and backgrounds lead to clashes and concordances as they try to reach their individual goals? Your plot comes from the difficulties and setbacks that the characters have to overcome - physically, mentally, and socially. Good luck.

Sandy asks…

Afraid of looking attractive?

I think it all started when I was in middle school. When I was around 12-15, when most kids started to become capable of feeling strong feelings of attraction and everyone was immature, I noticed a lot of guys seemed to be aroused (sexually?) by the attractive girls, and I just didn't like the idea of being attractive in that kind of way... So now it's not even that I refuse to wear really tight clothing that accents all my features, but I also won't even wear slightly low-cut shirts, tight jeans, boots, high-heels, accessories, or any other thing that would make me appear attractive. Normally I feel comfortable looking "borderline socially acceptable" by wearing a T-shirt, ordinary jacket, jeans, and Converse shoes all the time. I also have this thing about letting my hair down because it would make me look prettier(not in ponytail which I have worn in public every single day for the last 4-5 years). So, the conflict I have is that I prefer to dress very conservatively, BUT I am also quite sensitive to social influences.. so sometimes I actually feel conscious when the great majority of my female classmates dress nicely or do their hair, and I'm in the same outfit everyday. It does not bother me very much anymore, but it's just that I've noticed that because at least my outer appearance doesn't convey confidence or what's expected from women, people's first impressions of me have generally not been very good..they guess that I lack self-esteem and think I'm immature (both of which are partly true). I'm worried now because I will be off to college come fall and I really hope I don't come off as "weird" (?) especially because I don't ever let my hair down and wear the same clothes all the time... Does anyone have suggestions for me for why I shouldn't be afraid to look attractive (or at least help me reason out why I shouldn't be afraid of letting my hair down)? I realize that it is not normal, but does anyone also think that it's perfectly OK how I am now? Does anyone have similar experiences they can share? Thanks and apologies in advance for the long read.

Our pick of the answers:

Nah, it's okay. During Middle school, some people just feel and urge to want to go by unnoticed. It's natural. I have a friend who REFUSES to admit that she's pretty and skinny enough and just wears these horrible clothes and trying to dress ME up with the nice things from her closet. Well, do you realize that looking like that will make people notice you MORE, as more and more girls become victims of fashion (I swear, college is about the age when young women become victims of fashion)? Go tell your friends about that. They're sure to take you out shopping, get you nice clothes, and talk you into changing your mind, because that's what friends do. You have to let them and trust them on their opinions though. After a lot of persuading from the other two of us, my friend has finally decided to buy and wear some fashionable clothing! It's just a little, but it's progress! However, please don't become a victim of fashion! It's a waste of time. Just wear what suits you. Fashion trends don't look good on everybody.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here http://womensshoeszz.com/your-questions-about-high-heels-high-hopes-shirt-5/

No comments:

Post a Comment