Tuesday 22 January 2013

Your Questions About Women's Shoes For Men

Sandra asks…

Difference between UK men's shoes size and UK women's shoe size?

I've found a pair of shoes that I really like, but they're for males. I was just wondering if a UK size 7 for men would be the same equivalent to a UK size 7 for women? Or would it be bigger/smaller, etcetera? Please don't bash me for wearing men's shoes haha.

Our pick of the answers:

Yes, they are the same size. Except some model can be a little wider. But maybe you can try them before buying..

Carol asks…

Men's and women's shoe sizes: not too much difference?

Most people add 1.5 sizes - or even 2 - when they convert women's foot sizes to men's. More often, I think the difference is only one size. Here's why. Women usually base their size on open-toe shoes, and their feet often extend the length of the shoe. Men base their size on closed-toe shoes with socks, plus sometimes a little extra for feet to move around. I wear a mens 10.5, but if I place my bare feet in a women's 12 open-toe shoe, that shoe is often too big. Sometimes a women's 11 works fine. A woman with my size feet would tend to say she's an 11, but possibly would get size 11.5 or 12 in closed-toe shoes. This explains why quite a few women have feet as long as mine, but argue strenuously that they're not a size 12 (occasionally they claim size 10!). Does this make sense? Personally, I love it that quite a few women can equal my foot size. Womens 11 is pretty common these days.

Our pick of the answers:

I wear size 5-6 in womens and 4-5 in boys/mens...I agree that the difference is smaller.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment