Friday 4 January 2013

Your Questions About Guess Shoes For Women

Ruth asks…

Good intermediate women's climbing shoes?

I'm 13 and have been rock climbing since I was 9-10! I climb in a gym two to three times a week during the summer (maybe twice if I'm lucky during the school year) and during the warmer months I boulder and lead outdoors at least 2 times a week. I also boulder indoors sometimes. I'm on my third pair of climbing shoes now.... I started off with rentals at the gym I go to (lol), then after about 6 months I got Evolv Elektras.Those were great beginner shoes for me and lasted a while, but I wasn't outdoor climbing as much then, really. Then about a year later I got 5.10 Sirens, which honestly couldn't have been better!! They were great for smearing and I could trust them on a lot of foot holds. However, from doing too many heel hooks I guess, the heel on one shoe opened up and was no longer usable. That happened like fall of last year. Since I was mainly just doing gym climbing on my team during the fall months (nothing too competitive), I used rentals until Christmas when I got Evolv Heras (similar to the Elektras, only blue) and those are already too small!! My big toe has managed to make a hole through the rubber in the front on my right shoe and my feet feel squished in there, and I even broke a nail because they were so squished up!! I wear a size 9.5 standard shoe, and these were a 9.5. I need to get a new pair because I'm heading out on a bouldering expedition later this week and would like to have a new pair to break in by then. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!! ♥

Our pick of the answers:

If you are doing a bunch of bouldering you may want to consider something that has a bit of down turned toe. This will give you better control on the more over hanging problems and sport problems. I wouldnt worry about men's vs women's shoes. I would go for something that fits your foot. I've been hearing a lot of good things for Red Chillis. La Sportiva is a more narrow shoe so may be better for the female foot than say a unisex 5.10. In the end, however, go try a bunch on and see how they perform. Some stores have small bouldering walls so you can get a taste of how they will work for you and how they will compress your foot while climbing. You may also want to talk to your team coaches about how to detect rubber wear. You can send your shoes in to get resoled rather than buying new when the rubber gets thing. This includes toe rands. If you burn all the way through the rubber then it will cost more to resole. Also, by concentrating more on your foot work and not dragging your feet up the wall but being more deliberate with your placements, your shoes will last longer as well. I realize that I didn't recommend any given model of shoe, but everyone's foot is different so what is great for one person will be horrible for another. -Good Luck

Laura asks…

Women, how well does this describe how you act around guys you're attracted to?

If you don't mind me asking for advice, people say that women send men signals. I read about some body language signals, and if you're a woman I am wondering if you can relate to/agree any of this? I guess different women may send slightly different signals and not each one will apply to all women, but I'm just curious. So I thought I'd get opinions from women. Something I read, body language that is often supposed to be more subconscious than intentional, and even sometimes very brief: She may perk up/sit up straight when the man walks into the room, perhaps all of a sudden shoulders back and chest out. Or in some situations she may try an attractive pose. If two women are talking to each other and young, they may peek at the man and giggle or might even cuddle with each other and point. Older women may whisper to each other in a more sophisticated way. A woman feeling attracted may look "down and away" and then within the next minute look back at the man, as opposed to looking to the side or up and away. She may peek at the man over a book or something else she's looking at. She may give him repeated sidelong glances. When she notices the man, she may adjust her clothing or remove some like she thinks its warm in the room. She may let a shoe dangle on her foot or toes, which apparently isn't supposed to be as likely around a man she doesn't care about. She may try to subtly show off with her legs, perhaps pull her skirt up to show more leg or some other way to draw attention with them. She may raise her arm, putting her hand behind her head, and flash her underarm. We all have personal space zones, and she may stand or sit closer than one normally would. Or if not her body, she may do it with a limb or object she's using. She may try to innocently touch the man, maybe the hand or arm. Or if she can't do that she may try to lean toward him and into his personal space. She may tug or play with the jewelry she's wearing. She may rest her head on her knuckles with her palm facing toward the man rather than toward herself. She may try to expose her neck, or pull her hair aside in the process. She may primp in front of the guy. She may use a hand to caress herself while the guy's watching. She may play with her hair. If she's hanging out with the man, she may act goofy. She may also do a shoulder scrunch, acting like a little girl. She may try copying the man's body movements; when he moves to drink with one hand, she may try to mirror. If she's really into the man, she may lick her lips. She may use her finger to pet the rim of a bowl or the stem of a glass. While listening, she may stick a swizzle stick, spoon, etc in her mouth, or maybe a finger.

Our pick of the answers:

Oh, I definitely relate to most of those, especially licking my lips, playing with jewelry and twirling my hair. I would never flash my underarm though, because I think that would be really weird to give him a nose-full. XD I think the underarm thing is more of a sign that she's comfortable with him, because most women I think tend not to show their armpits since it's considered unladylike. C: I also believe that licking something while listening to a guy is a sign that she's looking for something sexual, since it obviously has underlying sexual suggestions.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment