Wednesday 13 May 2015

Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

Ruth asks…

Can i do time for 2 misdemenors?

hi i was just released out on bail yesterday for 2charges one which i had a swithc blade knife that i bought in a grocery store which i didnt know it was illegeal and second for a old case of agrivated assault against my girfriends father which turned out to be a warrant because me and him squashed our dispute and both didnt go to court but i see it stayed as an open case and warrant. my next court appearense is this friday which my case file says im looking at 2 misdemenors one of which will be dropped because my girfriends father is comming to court for. so i will be looking at one misdemenor for criminal possesion i have no major record and havent got caught for anything in years please get back to me on what you think i have a daughter now and a job and i am concerned i am not a criminal. any opinions positive will be much appreciated. ty

Our pick of the answers:

Misdemeanors carry a possible jail time of up to one year. Anything over a year is a felony. Http://www.the3rdjudicialdistrict.com/chmisd.htm Misdeameanors have a short statute of limitations. That's why if you ever get a speeding ticket a long way from home, don't pay if you don't plan on returning to that area for the next few years. Your clean record is very important to maintain. If I were in your shoes, I would move at least 100 miles away for the next few years. Let the statute of limitations run out, and your record is as clean as Angelina Jolie's twins. Don't worry about the cops, felony warrants take priority. Misdemeanor warrants cost the arresting agency too much to send someone to come get you. Unfortunatley, you were arrested and charged. Now the statute won't work for you. Oh well, most companies only do a background check for felonies. Try to stay out of trouble in the future. Suppose your warrants are from Los Angeles, do you think San Diego is going to try you in THEIR court??? Do you think Los Angeles can afford to pick up everybody all over California with a misdemeanor warrant? Remember, if convicted, that will follow you the rest of your life. If the case expires due to the statute, it's gone. FOREVER. It won't even show up on computers outside your area. Statute of Limitations in my state is 2 years. If I had an unpaid speeding ticket from 2005, it's as gone as the real D.B. Cooper.

Betty asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll probably slide my foot over it. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends wouldn't think twice about whether or not to plant a foot over some busy anthill, nor would I. I can think of more painful ways for a bug to die than getting crushed instantly under some gigantic running shoe. When something is that small in size, would you really care about the manner of its death? Do you think it's wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true for me I think, but is it necessarily wrong?

Our pick of the answers:

Think of it this way. "I'm a cockroach and I have the gene combination that has been constantly developing into perfection for millions of years. I wonder what purpose evolution has in store for me". *Squash!* =============== They have been evolving for millions of years to survive, not to die in a very painful way. We have a moral responsibility to take care of organisms. We have no idea what benefits they have in store, and they could even bring joy to future generations. Yes, it's a cockroach/ant/'insect-like bug', but it's not going to hurt you. What if they support another IMPORTANT species? You stepping on an ant hill, is stepping on something that may have taken many months to develop. ================ Though I see the point you are getting at, how are you so sure that it is so neutral and perhaps good, when there is a more obvious flaw in the fundamental principle?

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment