Monday 12 October 2015

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With Wide Feet

Ruth asks…

Is it tacky for women to wear flats that are too narrow so you can see toes bulging at the sides?

I have wider feet (wide shoes are too wide, but most medium shoes are tight at first) so when I buy flats or heels, I always need to stretch them out. Once they loosen up a bit to be comfortable, I can see where my feet stretched them and my toes look like they're going come bursting out of the sides. Is this tacky or is it just me? Does anyone else have this problem?

Our pick of the answers:

There is nothing worse than someone deliberately making themselves look phony. Another one is a woman who puts on lipstick that, instead of following the natural shape of her lips, uses a stencil to attempt to make her mouth look like some concept of a cartoon character.

Nancy asks…

What is the difference between men and women's figure skates?

Is there any? I've been wearing men's for about 14 years (I'm a girl) and people are telling me I need to switch to women's...What is the difference? Why would i need to switch? I hate how women's come in mostly white, as my costumes are dark and I don't wear white of any kind. And my store (i've been using it since i started skating at 3/4) charges extra for black women's skates... Anyway. Difference between men and women's figure skates?

Our pick of the answers:

If men's skates are what you've been fitted for, then I don't see why you can't wear them. Men's skates will probably be wider, but again, if you have wide feet and this is what your skate fitter recommended, then more power to you. What does your coach say? Why do people say you need women's skates-- just because they have gender issues, or do they have serious concerns about whether men's skates fit you? FYI, though, if you don't want white boots, you can always use boot covers or Sk8 Tape to make them whatever color you want (Sk8 tape usually comes in black, white, and beige, but I think I've heard of it in colors, it'd just be hard to find. Or I've always figured you could use the Sk8 Tape in white, and go over it with a permanent marker for whatever color you want--you just might have to touch it up and will have to take care when using the marker so the color doesn't go under the tape and to the boot below. But when you're tired of that color, take the tape off and do something else). Or really, just use that leather dye that you can use to change the color of shoes if you want to change the color of your boots permanently. I've never used that sort of dye, but I've heard of it before.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment