Sunday 4 October 2015

Your Questions About Shoes For Women On Sale

Donna asks…

comfortable, fashionable shoes for women?

Does anyone know a pair of trainer-like shoes for women which are comfortable for walking long distances but still look nice with skinny jeans etc? I have 2 pairs of converse and find that my feet hurt after walking a few miles in them, but would like to find something that looks similar. Thanks!

Our pick of the answers:

Buyer beware when it comes to buying shoes online, and I do not rec. Using PayPal. I got screwed, took 3 years for my credit. Avoid buying shoes, on sale that states: "Final Sale No returns." I bought 2 pair of shoes, $700 worth @ Zappos, where they have free shipping & free returns. I am a 5 1/2, so I bought a size 6. Returned them. Ordered a 5, too small. I saved $700. I went to Nordstrom's, they're having shoe sales. Found 2 shoes, both less than $300. Both were rated as 'best comfortable shoes for walking'. BTW: I wore one of the boots for 4 hours, and I didn't even do that much walking, mostly standing on the same spot . . . . And I was already limping. I took it back the following day! I found the perfect boots, from Piperline, finally after 4 tries! I found a second pair @ Clark's, just next door to our hotel room in Spain, most comfortable boots in the world! My son bought a pair of Nike beach sandals. They didn't come in his size, so he bought the one larger. They weren't sold in stores! He was walking around sandals too big, only because he didn't want to pay for return shipping and re-stocking fees. Try different sizes. Not all size-8 shoes fit the same, even from one designer. Walk on an uncarpeted surface. This is the only way to test how shoes will feel when pounding the pavement. Shoes that are good for some, may hurt your feet. Just saying!

Laura asks…

What are the best running shoes for both men and women?

Our pick of the answers:

I really hate it when people ask about the best shoes. And people shouldn't just recommend brands and models. Its a subjective opinion and depends so much on fit. One runner with a wide foot and a shallow arch will have a totally different opinion from a narrow footed deep arched runner. Everyone is different. There are hundreds of shoes and what works best for me may not work best for you. Of the hundreds of shoes, there will be a few that are really good for you So, this is what you have to do: You should go to a good running store, even if you have to drive a while to get there. You can use the Runner's World Shoe Store Finder to help you find a nearby store. Http://www.runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-240-417-0-0,00.html If there isn't anything nearby you can use the Runner World's Shoe finder to help you pick out a shoe. Http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor Road Runner has online the "Shoe Dog", which helps pick out shoes. If you order their shoes online, they have a very lenient return policy. Http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp I'm lucky and I have a Road Runner store only 15 minutes from my house. If you call ahead you can make an appointment to work with the shoe dog. (A lot of running stores have something similar – so you don't have to go to Road Runners. But this is where I have my experience.) They take accurate measurements of your foot, determine your arch, and determine if you over-pronate or not. Then they determine which particular shoe would best meet your needs. They let you try them all on and run with them on their treadmills. And they have a 30-day return policy. Once you find the right shoe you can look online next time you need to buy a shoe to see if you can get it cheaper. I really like my store and it seems like they always have competitive prices. Plus they are always having sales. Keep track of your running and buy new shoes every 400 miles or when they look worn out.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment