Tuesday 24 July 2012

Your Questions About New High Heels Without Heel

Ruth asks…

Any Job resource info for new legal secretary?

Im starting my first day at a new job as a legal secretary for a small one-man law office outside a rural town in the southern US, does anybody know of any good online resources that I should look at or review to help me get better/learn more as a legal secretary? Ive done some office/secretarial type work before a few years ago when I was nineteen, but never in a law office. Even though this old country lawyer guy who will be my boss is almost old enough to be my grandfather, Im thrilled that he offered me the job! I think he's expecting me to be a quick learner, so I want to do my very best! At first I think most of my job will be receptionist type stuff, answering the phone/taking messages, handeling the mail, filing correspondence, typing letters from dictation from him, etc., and I know how to do all that. Another part of my job will be helping tidy up around the office in the morning before we open and in the afternoon after we close, making and serving him fresh coffee every morning, and regularly emptying all the ashtrays (My boss allows smoking in the office, bc its a small business just outside city limits it has an exemption from the workplace smoking restrictions. Since Im a fairly heavy smoker myself, the idea of actually finding a job where I could smoke all I want at my desk while getting my work done was a huge part of why I really wanted this job!) Needless to say I feel really really luck to have this opportunity and Im really excited to be here! I just want to do the very best job that I possibly can, and want to know how to get better as a legal secretary. Just to be sure I made a good impression, I meticulously planned my outfit to look as professional as possible for my first day, a cute light blue button down blouse, a conservative grey pencil skirt, and black high heeled pumps without pantyhose; I even checked in advance about office dress policy and whether or not he wanted me to wear hose to work, and he said it was fine if I didn't want to wear hose as long as I wore closed toed heels/shoes while at the office, which sounded reasonable to me. So now I feel like Im at least dressed the part of a new legal secretary, I just want to be sure I can do more than just look the part! Thanks for any advice yall have! My first days been great so far! My boss has been very nice to me, explaining how everything worked, and even getting up close and personal to show me how he likes his letters done for him. Im actually really glad he showed me exactly how he wants it, because otherwise Id just be stuck grasping around in the dark. The one really big perk to my job that I knew I was going to like, yet feel like I somehow still probably grossly underestimated was the fact that Im actually allowed to smoke all I want while at my desk. My desk is at the back of the entry lobby area right when you come in the door and just in front of another door to a short hallway that leads to a small conference room, and then my bosses office. My boss wasnt kidding when he said he really didnt care how much I smoked as long as I got my work done. I think at first it was hard to believe, and I felt almost timid lighting up at my desk at reception, but after a while I was starting to feel suprisingly comfortable with it

Our pick of the answers:

Maybe Google the internet and see what you come up with. How did your first day go?

Mary asks…

how to be a new person!?!?!/!?!?!?

ok so school starts in like 8 weeks and when i go back i wanna look act and be like completly different, i wanna be like unreconizable. in a good way so people will be like wow(good wow) is that ou sadie? and ill be like yea:) so that guys will like me and eveyrthing. i dont wanna change my personality b/c its very bubbley and i .ike it and im very confindant in some thing but other areas could use improvement also a kind out there question while your answering this one how could i get my mom to let me wear high heels like selena gomez in wizards some of her outfits i try to match and wear myself just dont look good without heels thanks:)

Our pick of the answers:

You can try to be more well-rounded with skills. Like playing an instrument, or artsy stuff- it tends to change the kind of person you are, and normally in a good way. If your dedicated to a certain hobby, you can improve extremely fast- and unique skills and hobbies will often attract people- friends and anyone you like :) I did this before last year, going into middle school, and its worked positively for me. This way, you can change who you are, without it being fake.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment