Monday 28 May 2012

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With Bunions

Mary asks…

P&S: Women and Shoes: Do you think that for women there is nothing so aesthetically pleasing as the sight of a

pair of virgin shoes swaddled in tissue paper lying together heel to toe in a shoe box- be honest admit it, I bet you do! Oh, the smell of new leather, the exquisite design of the sole, heel, instep and upper and that delicate stitching- bet your getting turned on right now hahahahah. Reality though is that you end up with terrible feet, deformed by bunions, permanent corns and layers of dead skin like rock strata. All because of the lure of these 'impossible to wear shoes'. You should have worn those 'sensible shoes 'like a nice comfy pair of doc martins! How many people agree with me?

Our pick of the answers:

'Impossible to wear shoes' don't really do it for me tbh, trainers (skater style) on the other hand - now you're talking!! That's not to say that I don't wear shoes, but I can't wear heels - I know the pain would make me miserable, and to me, it's not worth it.

Sharon asks…

What are the best shoes for wide flat feet?

Unfortunately, I have been blessed with flat feet and bunions, and add the fact that my feet are on the bigger side. I've been wearing men's shoes for the longest time, because I feel they are more comfortable than women's. So what brands of shoes help flat feet and bunions? Maybe there are also a brand out there that reduce back pain and shin splints (I'm throwing this question in as a bonus)?

Our pick of the answers:

The best brand depends on how wide your feet are. I'd suggest Hitchcock Shoes: http://www.wideshoes.com/ I've been ordering from them for at least 20 years (yikes!). Frankly, their customer service is not so hot, but they carry a wide variety of shoes. Unless you live in the Boston area, be prepared to send a few pair of shoes back/forth until you find the pair that fit you. Also, it may sound crazy, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my wide Chaco sandals ... Http://chacousa.com/ I was never a fan of sandals ... Until I bought my 1st pair of Chacos. They are the most comfortable footgear I've ever worn ... I wear them as soon as it stops snowing in the spring until it starts snowing in fall. I wear them backpacking, and they definitely reduce my backpain and shin splint. (Bonus! :-) Also, depending on where your bunions are, the open design of the sandals reduce the pressure on bunions greatly. And even better, I've found Chaco's customer service to be excellent! Hope this helps!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment