Tuesday 29 May 2012

Your Questions About Heels Without Heel Lady Gaga

Betty asks…

Does anyone else think Lady GaGa is an overrated performer?

Yes Lady GaGa can sing very good and yes she does have good songs and yes her videos are innovative, but her live performances are kind of dull. She is a stiff dancer. If U take away all the theatrics & wacky costumes you have your ordinary performer. Truth of the matter is that if Lady Gaga didn't have the gimmick no one would even be looking her way. There are people who can put on a show without all extra stuff. For example Pink and Beyonce. Yes, they do use theatrics here and there but not 24/7. I've seen a few of Pink's performance on youtube and was blown away. I plan on her seeing her this summer. I went to Beyonce's concert last year and was stunned. She was energetic, sang live, interacted with the crowd, ran around the stage, and dance all while in 6 inch heels.(Thats right Lady gaga isn't the first person to dance in heels.)

Our pick of the answers:

YES.LADY GAGA IS SO OVERRATED AND SHE'S ISN'T EVEN ORIGINAL SHE'S AN OKAY SINGER NOTHING SPECIAL SHE'S A GIMMICK AND SHE'S ONLY POPULAR BECAUSE SH'S OUT OF THE ORDINARY.

Susan asks…

My daughter is overly obsessed with Lady Gaga? Serious question?

I believe I asked this a few days ago, but realized I left some important details out. My daughter is 17 years old, and she loves Lady Gaga more than anything/anyone else. I remember she told me she liked Gaga back in 2008, and three years later, it hasn't faded even a little bit. Her walls are completely covered with her posters, she has lyrics and quotes by her even posted up. She owns all of her albums, DVDs, books, every Magazine she's ever been on, she has tons of Gaga shirts, bags, bracelets, you name it, she's got it. At first I didn't mind it, but now my daughters behavior is beginning to get out of control, and I really think Gaga is a little to blame for it. My daughter now has an obsession with weird clothing; most girls her age wear Abercrombie and Hollister, but she wears sky high heels with spikes all over them, peacock earrings, jumpsuits, whatever odd thing she can find, she wears, and even when people laugh at her and stare at her (She gets tons of stares and giggles) she doesn't care. She also dyes her hair repeatedly from brunette (her natural color) to blonde, to red, to black. If that doesn't sound too bad, my daughter also, unfortunately has found herself some punk ass boyfriend with long black hair, piercings, tattoos, and a Harley motorcycle; and she's also picked up a nasty habit. She no longer gives a damn what ANYONE thinks of her, and what anyone tells her to do, and she does drugs, drinks, you name it. I try to discipline her, but she just cusses. When I tell her she can't do something, she sneaks out. The reason I think Gaga has a little to do with this behavior is because she's very provocative. I've seen many interviews and she's always talking about her drug use, sex, alcohol, and to be yourself and since my daughter looks up to her as a hero, she thinks it's okay if she does all this stuff. She's even said a few times that Gaga is her world, and that without Gaga "here to guide her" she would have died a long time ago. A few years ago, my daughter wouldn't be caught dead wearing what she does now, or with a boy who looks like the lead singer in a metal band. Besides him, she hangs out with tons of gay people and is the president of the Gay, Straight, Alliance club at her school. And also besides doing drugs and drinking, my daughter is also sexually active with both her boyfriend AND girls she apparently knows (I've found condoms in her room and I've heard from my other daughter that she has sex with girls). Once again, when I confronted my daughter about it, she told me to f*ck off, and that if I couldn't accept her for the way she was born, then she would move out. She WAS bullied for many years up until she was in 9th or 10th grade and yes, it did hurt her, but I don't think dressing like a freak and drinking, drugs, and sex is going to help her cope. Her father (my ex husband) doesn't see the big deal about it. He supports her obsession by buying her Gaga concert tickets, autographed merchandise, he even took her to a CD signing and my daughter got to meet the woman and now she threatens to go live with her dad everytime I yell at her. How can I get her to calm down off this obsession? I'm afraid she's going to end up dead; she's already been brought home by the police several times, and always comes home high off of weed or cocaine. I cry, yell at her, beg her to stop, and she'll just say something like "Get over yourself, Joanne!" or will even hit me, kick me, or sometimes even bite me or scratch me with her fingernails. She's not afraid of me.

Our pick of the answers:

"Besides him, she hangs out with tons of gay people and is the president of the Gay, Straight, Alliance club at her school." Why is that bad? Anyways, I believe that you just need to remind her that Lady Gaga encourages people to be themselves, and express who THEY are even if it's different. You have to ask her if the outfits, the boyfriend, and the drugs represent her? Lady Gaga has said she does not want to encourage people to use drugs and that she regrets using them. PLUS she has said to wait until you're ready for sex. Now, frankly, I doubt Lady Gaga is the contributer. Teenage girls change a lot when they reach this age, Gaga or no Gaga.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Heels Without Heel Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment