Wednesday 11 May 2016

Your Questions About Food Network

Carol asks…

Of all the Food Network Shows, does anyone make better food than Tyler Florence?

I have made dozens of recipes from various Food Network hosts and I haven't yet found any other host that compares to Tyler Florence when it comes to making good food. Rachel Ray's food is too basic and seems more focused on speed than flavor. Do you agree or disagree and who has the best recipes on the food network?

Our pick of the answers:

Tyler rules! I also like several of Alton Browns recipes but don't follow his instructions or it will drive you nuts, makes it much harder to do, kind of like Martha Stewart b.s.. Paula Dean' are good but way too much butter and extra fat for my healthy (ha ha) family.

Betty asks…

What knife set does Giada use on the food network?

My wife loves to watch Giada. I am looking for the same se t of knives that Giada uses on the food network to get her for Christmas. Thanks for the help.

Our pick of the answers:

Giada's are "Global", and they are nice knives. I would recommend, however, that you get her input, as knives are a very personal. Global may not feel right to her, may be too light, etc. It took me buying a few brands before I found what I was looking for, which are Wusthof. They are the perfect weight for "me", and fit well in "my" hand (I'm on the small side). In addition, knives are so expensive, so you want to make sure she gets what she likes (my Santuko alone was $130ish on sale, and they sell for much more). Maybe you could give her a gift card to a kitchen store, and the two of you could shop together (three gifts in one ~ 1) gift card; 2) shopping with her sweetie; and 3) getting lovely knives that she loves). What a wonderful gift ;)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment