Tuesday 17 May 2016

Your Questions About Firefox

Jenny asks…

How can I get Firefox 3 to stop logging me out everytime I close the browser?

I close my browser often for various reasons, and having to repeatedly log into my accounts like Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail, and etc, is very inconvenient and getting gold. Firefox 2 never did this, just my current Firefox 3.

Our pick of the answers:

It's logging you out because it's deleting all the tracking cookies that websites have planted on your computer. That is a very GOOD thing! However, Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail , etc all use cookies, too. Find where you can set your "Preferences" or "Options" and then find where you can allow certain cookies to remain on the computer. I'm running FF 3.5 and can't recall at this time the exact path to take to get there. It's either under Edit or Tools. Once you find Preferences or Options go to Privacy and then under the Cookies section set your Exceptions to allow the particular sites you want to stay logged into. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Lisa asks…

How do you save your bookmarks in Firefox when transferring from one computer to another?

Getting a new computer. Can't seem to get my bookmarks out of firefox. Need this information TONIGHT. Have to give the computer to it's new owner tomorrow morning. Is there anyway I can save the bookmarks within an firefox account online so that when I download firefox on the new computer they will be there?? PLEASE HELP. Thanx.

Our pick of the answers:

Goto bookmarks select organize bookmarks then on the top of new window that pops up select import and backup else online you need a F.F plugin installed that will do it just install it but best to save with above method

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment