Wednesday 11 May 2016

Your Questions About Firefox

Jenny asks…

How can I get Firefox to save a webpage from the local files, rather than downloading it from the Internet?

There's an interesting webpage that has just been deleted, but thanks to the miracle of hibernation, it's still open in Firefox. The problem is, when I save it, it seems to attempt to retrieve the page from its source on the internet, which no longer exists. Is there any way I can configure Firefox to save the locally-held files instead?

Our pick of the answers:

It fair to say that th e site is already saved in the Firefox cache, its just a case of finding it. Type about:cache into your address bar, this brings up a cache 'browser' it gives details of where Firefox saves its cache.

Sandy asks…

How do I prevent Firefox from opening a site that has a virus?

Every few minutes Firefox tries to open a site. Because I just got a Trojan off my computer. So the link to the virus does not work anymore but Firefox keeps trying to open it. It says it cannot display this webpage. So how do I stop this?

Our pick of the answers:

Sounds like your computer is still infected with a virus which insist on loading up that web page. I would suggest trying a different type of anti-virus tool to take care of the problem.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment