Wednesday 30 September 2015

Your Questions About High Heels

Helen asks…

Did men really invent the high-heel?

I'm stumped. Did men invent the high-heel? Everyone I have asked says yes, but I still feel I need a little more info. Thanks!

Our pick of the answers:

Originally, high heels were "riding heels", to stop feet from falling out of stirrups when riding. Then they started getting higher, for fashion. Men were the first to wear heels, in French court. During the French Revolution, heels stopped being in fashion because they were associated with aristocrats. In the 1800s, they came back into fashion, mostly among women.

Lizzie asks…

Girls, why do you wear high heels?

When you wear high heels, are you doing it because you like it or to be attractive to guys? Or both? How do you feel when you wear them? Does you boyfriend or husband like it when you do? Or does he think that it makes you too tall? And how long have you been wearing heels?

Our pick of the answers:

I wear high heels because it definitely suits my outfit. I don't want wearing pencil skirts with flat sandals. It makes me feel so tall (like I'm a model haha) because I'm only 5'4" in height. Girls dress up for girls (as I have read from one of the articles in yahoo) and not for the boys. I somehow realized it because most of the time, it's the girls around us who talk about our outfit and accessories (from head to toe). Well, the boys don't mind. What mattes most with some guys is that they see your curves. Bottom line is as long as -- I feel comfortable with what I wear, I feel like I, at least, don't look odd because my clothes and footwear don't match, and feel confident (which I look more outstanding with high heels especially with formal outfits), then I can go out and look fabulous. I started wearing high heels -- late high school years. So, it's been a decade now.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment