Friday 25 September 2015

Your Questions About Heels Without Heel For Sale

Helen asks…

Inexpensive, Non-Heeled, *feminine* Shoes for Size 10.5 Feet?

I'm sick of wearing tennis shoes, Vans, and Converse every day. I want to look a little more feminine. Even when I traveled to Italy, I got a few strangers (locals) staring at my shoes and whispering to whoever they were with. That's not the reason I want the change, I want to feel less manly. I'm 18. I'm 5'10, and I have a huge body frame (but I'm not overweight, at least not by medical standards), so I need shoes without any heel at all. The bigger problem (literally) is my foot size. It's very difficult to come across any shoe (sans Payless) my size, much less any shoe I'm interested in. Any actual stores (not online) where I can buy stylish, comfortable shoes for walking around that'd fit dino-feet? Thanks! I'm looking forward to your ideas & suggestions!

Our pick of the answers:

You don't have dino-feet! I'm the same height & shoe size you are (and also kind of Amazonian), and in my experience (I'm a costume designer, so I know everyone's shoe size) we actually have smallish feet for our size. I know a woman who's 5'4" and wears a ten and another who's 5'10" and wears a 13. So, it could be worse. Now on to the actual answer: You don't say where you live, but if you're in or near a decent sized city, Nordstrom's carries tons of 10 1/2 styles, as does Neimann Marcus. Both have great sales between seasons, so you don't have to pay tons of money. Dilliards also has a pretty good selection of 10 1/2's and 11's and also has sales. Also, check out Birkenstocks. They have tons of different styles now and the non-sandal styles make a great everyday shoe. They are pricey, but I've had a pair that I have worn at least 4 times a week all day for the last 12 years, I just get them resoled (about $20) once a year. I've also had some luck at TJ Maxx. I understand not wanting to order over the internet due to brand sizing differences, but if you find a brand that fits you well, you may be able to order other styles they make off the internet that will also fit well. Don't be scared of wearing heels to dress up, though. Yes, you'll feel gigantic at first, and people will notice you, but mostly because they're jealous of how tall you are. (Although, it took me almost 20 years after reaching my full height to do this, but I'm glad I did) Good Luck, and enjoy your height! You'll never have to ask for help reaching anything!

Lisa asks…

What do you think of WWE's genius move of turning Batista heel?

He is made to be heel..cause when he tries to joke around on the mic as a face he sucks, he forgets his lines etc. As a heel he can whup azz and take names without talking. I like Rey..but if Batista destroys him I would love every second of it. The Eddie part should have been left out..of course WWE has done much worst than that. And thats not the first time..remember when I think it was Randy Orton was feuding with Rey Mysterio..he said, "Eddie's not in heaven, he's in Hell." So, WWE has done much sicker and distasteful things.

Our pick of the answers:

It's something fresh for Batista. 'Tista's been a babyface for four years now. It was about time "The Animal" switched back to his monster roots. Definitely refreshing for the fans, SmackDown and Batista himself. This feud with Rey Mysterio is looking bright, and should culminate in a match at Survivor Series. WWE are playing a very dangerous game, though. They've just released "Batista: I Walk Alone" on DVD, and turning him heel just days after it's hit the stores could hurt the sales. Batista had a huge fanbase as a babyface, and now that he's turnt heel, could mean less cash for Vinnie 'Mac!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment