Sunday 30 June 2013

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With Flat Feet

Mandy asks…

I need some trainers with raised arcs as I have flat feet/over pronate.. but I hate asics shoes!?

Ok it's not that I hate asics trainers. These were the best three I found (for severe over pronating)... I like these ones cos they're plain, but they look like hiking shoes http://www.asics.co.uk/running/products/gel-kayano-women/ These two are alright but I hate the blue and they're really chunky. http://www.asics.co.uk/running/products/gel-evolution-women/ http://www.asics.co.uk/running/products/gel-foundation-women/ I know nike do some, but the one's I've seen really don't have much support in them at all. And I know that asics is meant to be the best ones. But those three I found I really don't like. I don't want it to be chunky, but I don't want bright colours on it cos I want it to be able to go with lots of things, but it needs to have a severe arch support in it, not just like a bit of a bump. Any ideas? I know I'm picky!

Our pick of the answers:

Saucony, Brooks and New Balance also make similar shoes that are as good if not better then the Asics. The major concern with sneakers are the fit. You should have a thumb nail width away from the front of the shoe and should be able to spread your toes and wiggle them. You also want to make sure the width is good, if any part of your foot is hanging over the sole it is too narrow of a shoe. Some of the sneakers are offered in widths. Also a misconception with the sneakers that offer arch support is that you should feel something pressed up into the arch. Not True, it should feel so comfortable, like there is nothing there. This means that it is hitting your arch in the proper spots to give it good support. If you feel a bump in the arch it could mean a few different things: Size is off whether it be length or width and/or the sneaker is not right for your foot. Everyone's foot is different and what is good for one person's foot is not necessarily the best thing for your foot. From there the specific models of sneakers I would look at for over pronation/flat feet are: Saucony - Stabil CS and Hurricane 12 Brooks - Adrenaline 10, Ariel, and Addiction New Balance - 993 1225 and 850 Go down to a local running specialty store and try some on, take them for a test run and compare them. Do not buy running sneakers online unless you have figured out what works best for your feet.

Jenny asks…

Where is a good place for women with a larger size foot to get shoes?

All kinds of shoes. Flats, heels, sandals etc. Thanks for helping :)

Our pick of the answers:

Endless.com have an amazing array of shoes, sandals, boots etc in many widths and sizes. Their customer service and shipping is also great

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment