Monday 10 June 2013

Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

Lizzie asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll be honest: I'll probably slide my foot over it to squash it. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college, and I've stepped on a lot of them over the years. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends don't think twice about planting a foot over some busy anthill on the sidewalk, nor do I, and I've done that plenty of times. Hell, the more exoskeletons gunked up on my shoe, the better. I can definitely think of more painful ways for a bug to die than getting instantly crushed beneath the treads of a gigantic sneaker. Why would it be wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true for me I think. Does that mean I view bugs as less significant than me? Well, yeah I guess I do. But is that necessarily wrong? I don't personally think so, it's an advantage of being bigger. It isn't as if they are little people.

Our pick of the answers:

I understand why people see it as wrong, I even feel that it's wrong, sometimes. Most of the time I don't consider the moral issue of it, I'm usually just having fun, like taking a lighter to an anthill (though I haven't done that since I was like 12, 6 years ago). I kind of feel bad when I put myself in the bug's shoes. The bug is just out trying to bring back food/supplies for it's family or colony and SPLAT!, it's kind of f*cked up. I guess I actually do find it wrong most of the time now that I think about it, I'll roll a bug over if it's stuck on it's back. There are laws protecting other animals, and if bugs were the size of cats or dogs, there might be laws protecting them from "abuse", because the deaths would be much more visible and apparent. There probably are laws protecting bugs that are nearly extinct. If I see a bug or insect in my house, I'll just pick it up and put it outside, except moths (they annoy me and it feels good to stop the annoyance),mosquitoes, and dangerous spiders....they get flushed, smashed, or burned. Bugs are just as important as other animals, so if someone cares about other animals they should also care for bugs, it's a little hypocritical to love pets and think that bugs don't matter. In my opinion, you should either be concerned with all animals or none, not including humans.

Maria asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll be honest: I'll probably slide my foot over it to squash it. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends don't think twice about when planting a foot over some busy anthill, nor do I. I can think of more painful ways for a bug to die than getting crushed instantly under some guy's gigantic running shoe. When something is that small in size, would you really care about the manner of its death? Why would it be wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true for me I think. Does that mean I view them as less significant than me? Well, yeah I guess I do. But is it necessarily wrong? The smell of my feet could kill these guys.

Our pick of the answers:

When i was younger i used to shoot pigeons and didn't feel like really guilty, now i am a vegetarian and care about animal welfare, i think if you spend time watching any living creature you begin to respect and empathize with it more, i never kill anything unless i have to now, i do kill wasps though because they sting

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment