Saturday 6 July 2013

Your Questions About Ladies Shoes With Red Bottoms

Betty asks…

Was I fitted right for Pointe Shoes?

It appears that every place is different. The lady gave me Bloch pointe shoes for beginners. They appear pretty. Just need the elastic and laces sewn to them. She showed me three padding options, and I chose the gel padding because with the other softer fabric padding (forgot name it's washable), I could feel pain in my toe alone. She let me try a wider shoe, but she said that with the regular one it would stretch over time, and I had enough space at the back when I bent my foot upward that she recommended that one as it'd break eventually. The other one would be too wide eventually. I asked if they had to be tight, and she said yes. I tried them at home on tile floor (don't know if they make a difference), and they are not comfortable after awhile on pointe. My toes are together, and when you take them out they are red. I am nervous about them. Do they make your feet ugly? Do you really get used to the pain? Why do I hear some people actually find comfortable ones that don't hurt? Others complain it is painful and horrible with blisters. Also, the pointe shoes she gave me looked liked they were used a bit. They still look new, but they have a bit of dirt on both ends of the bottom soles, and the pointe look a bit dirty. I don't know if it's from many girls trying them or someone returned them. I thought they should have given me either a discount for them like that or a new one for the full price. What do you think? She only offered one brand. There's only two dance stores. The teacher recommended me to the one I went to. The other one is next to a school I left because I didn't like it. I am nervous about pointe shoes because of the pain and nervous if it could make you have problems with your feet just from letting your toes be in pain. Please advice. Thank you. The toes feel squeezed in after a bit standing up. Of course, the gel pads take a bit of space, but I felt my toe in the shoe standing up with the fabric one that I thought it was gonna cause more pain. I barely walked in the store with the shoes. She just made me stand up and that's it, which is why the dirt on the soles and pointe was a bit more dirty and used than it should be. It was like that before I used them at home. I think the gel padding adds extra tightness, but I liked that I don't feel my toes when on pointe. Sometimes I feel my toes feels tight when my feet's flat on the floor...probably due to the padding as the lady said there's enough room at the back when on pointe.

Our pick of the answers:

First of all, you should ask the lady to give you a different pair of pointe shoes, because they shouldn't be dirty like that. Beginners will always have some pain when they first start pointe. After you take pointe classes for a while it will be much better. If your toes are really overlapping you might need a wider shoe. But if they're just kinda squeezed together, you should be fine. Pointe shoes should be kind of tight, and once you start wearing them and they get broken in and mold to your foot, it will be okay. You might not get blisters. I've been doing pointe for about 4 years and I've never once gotten a blister. I guess it just depends on the person because everybody else in my class gets lots of blisters. If you feel a spot on your toes or foot where it's rubbing the pointe shoe, just tape that spot. That way you'll have much less of a chance of getting a blister. It's not good that you only got to try on one kind of pointe shoes. Different kinds of shoes work better for different people. So, go to a store that has more of a selection because different brands of pointe shoes work really different for people. No matter how much advice you get on this website, you should always go to your teacher and have her look at your pointe shoes. Do this before sewing on your elastics and ribbons so that you can return your pointe shoes if needed. I hope you enjoy being on pointe!

Ruth asks…

LADIES: Is this 7th grade shopping list too much?

Im going into the 7th grade, and i already made the school list. Do you think this would be too expensive and unneeded? Red Pens, Mechanical Pencils w/ Led, 2 Notebooks, 3 Folders, One strapped plain backpack. PE: I already have the outfit but other things for P.E; Deodorant (2 of them, one for home) , A mini brush, Perfume. Clothing: 5 Pairs of Skinny Jeans, 3 Skirts, 1 or 2 dresses, 5 regular shirts, 4 tank tops (with the lace on the top and bottom), 3 band shirts, socks, Sweat pants (for dance) and underwear from Victoria Secret. Other: Concealer, Eyeliner and mascara (I need the base cuz my face is always red) , hairspray, 2 cheap necklaces and 2 cheap pairs of earrings, shoes, a haircut, hair ties& bobby pins, and the school expenses? I know that's alot, and its around 300 bucks.. what is unnecessary? AND some plaid shirts! Okay lol. Lemme remake the list for the clothing : 6 regular shirts (cause they really are cheap) 2 tank tops, 3 plaid shirts, 4 pairs of jeans, and mabey 1 skirt? ALRIGHTY THEN. I looked around my clothing and picked out around 12 shirts. Only 1 pair of pants though. That I will wear next year. So my NEW shopping list for the clothing is : 4 pairs of jeans, 1 skirt, 3 tank tops and 1 band shirt. :D:D:D

Our pick of the answers:

I was in the 7th grade two years ago (wow saying that makes me feel really old!) so I think I can help you here. You school will probably supply you with a stationary list. P.E. : Perfume is a must, of course, but if you already have a favorite perfume just buy a tiny spray bottle (you can get them at drugstores) and fill it with that and you'll end up saving so much money! And for deodorant and gym, you'll only need a travel size, trust me. I have a deodorant from the sixth grade and I'm going into 9th that I've used every day in gym and I'm still not even finished with it! Clothing: If you have a store called Plato's Closet near you, I suggest you go there! Ever since I started shopping there (they have mixed brands of clothing for 75% off the retail price), I've gotten soooo many compliments. I also suggest thrift stores. :) If you have, literally, 0 pairs of pants or you've grown out of all of them, 5 skinny jeans are necessary. (Twice a year I have to go Jean-Shopping because my legs grow so fast. :/) But if you already have some pairs, maybe get about 3. If you're afraid people are gonna recognize them from last year, you can bleach them & distress them & whatnot. :) 2 tank tops (black & white) are definitely a necessity as well. Maybe 2 skirts and 2 dresses. Maybe 6 shirts, 3 band tees, socks, sweatpants, underwear (I buy my underwear from Victoria Secret because if I'm gonna be walking around in the locker room in nothing but my bra and underwear, they better look cute lol.)but bras from there aren't really necessary. Chances are you're still growing so why waste money on a bra you're gonna wear for about 2 months before you have to get a new one. Makeup: Concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. PLEASE don't overdo it with any of that stuff. I went though some of my 7th grade pictures and my makeup looks horrible and when I see 7th graders now, I look at them and ask why they look like a clown. It's really not attractive to guys. Skip out on the jewelry and make your own! :) Hope I helped. :)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment