Monday 11 February 2013

Your Questions About Heels With Spikes

Sandra asks…

Can I wear sprint spikes with heel cushioning for distance track events?

I just got the Nike Zoom Rival MD's for a good price, but they are designed mainly for the sprint events in track. I run the mile and two mile so I'm wondering if I could wear these. They do have some heel cushioning, but it is less than the XC spikes I had from last fall (I can't wear those as the sole has fallen apart).

Our pick of the answers:

If they're sprinting spikes then no you can't wear them for distance events. Sprinter spikes require you to run more on your toes where as distance spikes require you to run more flat footed. You don't see distance runners running on their toes. They need to be able to have a lot of heel support in their spikes otherwise they'd get hurt. I don't know why you would get a sprinters spike when you plan on running distance events. Just saying.

Maria asks…

how do you walk in heels?

i have always loved they way heels looked on my feet, but never felt very comfortable in them. i prefer the stacked heel over the spiked heel, but how do i transition to a spiked heel? ive heard of women who got the pads of their feet injected so they will easier to walk in heels? anyone familiar with this procedure?

Our pick of the answers:

Just think about it as if you are walking down a steep hill. The balance is about the same. Personally, I would avoid the procedure. It sounds like a lot of hassle just to be able to wear heels. Ironically enough, the heel doesn't have as much to do with your foot's comfort as the toe. Anything with a slight platform at the toe is going to be more comfortable than a shoe where the ball of your foot is pretty much on the ground. Dr. Scholl's gel inserts help some, but in my opinion the best way to have comfy heels is to buy the more upscale brands (Christian Louboutins are absolutely the most comfortable shoes EVER!). A lot more time and research goes into the fit of designer shoes than into the cheap ones.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment