Friday 28 December 2012

Your Questions About Guess Shoes On Sale

Ruth asks…

Will you comment on this just for fun piece please?

Ode a Cologne I spent hours in the department cosmetics and par-fumes spritzin all the samples shown went to try on shoes the sales clerk fainted I guess I was odiferous? Yowee wait, maybe it was odoriffic?

Our pick of the answers:

LOL--you crack me up. Maybe you just stepped on her fingers...

Laura asks…

What is your best find at a secondhand charity store?

Not talking consignment shops where people will be making a cut on their own stuff. I'm talking places where people donate for free and the places sell like thrift stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat ReStore, church rummage sales. That sort of thing. * A $3000 Sherrill leather couch (I looked it up by model number when I got home) that came with a chair and ottoman at the Habitat Restore for $250. * Brand new Anderson Windows in the box also at the Habitat Restore, Retail $550, I paid $75 each. * A gently worn pair of John Lobb men's dress shoes for $20. Retail? Over $1000. Yes. They're men's shoes. Guess whoever priced them didn't know what they were. Salvation Army. I felt badly about paying $20 since I wasn't even going to wear them, so I took some of the proceeds of reselling the shoes and donated it back to the Salvation Army. BQ: What's your best freebie score? Mine? I picked up my Birks in the middle of the road. Took a couple days of wearing (they were just barely broken in past the painful stage) and I've worn them ever since. Come on, brag a little bargain shoppers! What's wrong with knowing furniture? I used to build and outfit custom yachts and I knew all the furniture makers and contracted with them to build me stuff. Including Sherrill. HAHAHA they're not brand new in the box anymore!

Our pick of the answers:

Best second hand find: A wooden John Deere rocking tractor. It was retailed for over $100 and we snagged it for $15 at a thrift store. Also a boppy pillow I snagged for $2. Get this, the pillow was never used!! Awesome!!!! BQ- Best freebie score would the 20 gallon air compressor that my husband got out of a trash pile at work. All it needed was a small fix in the motor and it runs great! ETA: Oh, some more freebies include: Free dressers, free twin beds for our kids, free antique dining room table and chairs and matching buffet, free book cases. I think we only paid for our queen sized mattress and our couches (which were also used and we bought for $400 when they were a regular $1200 for the set!)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Guess Shoes On Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment