Monday 8 October 2012

Your Questions About Women's Platforms

Jenny asks…

What is one thing about the opposing party that you agree with? (that's if there is one thing)?

I'm Independent, so I'll speak on both sides. I agree with low taxes across the board, including capital gains tax, dividend tax, tax on interest, and federal income taxes, Republicans. Democrats- I agree with their platform of a woman's right to choose.

Our pick of the answers:

I am Libertarian so I'll speak for both sides as well. Republicans - I like their low taxes. It's not just the wealthy who benefit; I think that everyone does. I also like their defense of the second amendment to the Constitution. We deserve the right to defend ourselves. Democrats - I like the fact that they are for gay rights. Why not? People don't just choose their sexuality so why shouldn't we accept them for who they are. It's not like they're trying to get us to be gay. I'm also somewhat pro-choice so even though I would prefer adoption I am glad they give women the right to choose (except in the case of partial-birth abortion, which I despise.)

Laura asks…

Ida B. Wells and lynching?

I need to write a research paper about Ida B. Wells and the relationship with lynching, but trace it through various scholars. I need to come up with a thesis...or idea to have these scholars support it. Does anyone know anything interesting about lynching....like debatable issues or something unique. Ida was all about using lynching as her platform for women's rights and for not allowing rape to be seen as the reason as to why blacks were getting lynched.

Our pick of the answers:

About all I know about it is that it was also addressed by Lilian Smith in her book "Killers of the Dream" - great little book from back before the Civil Rights thing in the 1960's - the the black folks were still riding in the back of the bus. Probably used copies on Amazon Books. Lilian Smith was similarly grossed out by the whole lynching thing.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here http://womensshoeszz.com/your-questions-about-womens-platforms-7/

No comments:

Post a Comment