Wednesday 31 October 2012

Your Questions About Stilettos Bar

Jenny asks…

Slim stilettos or thick, wedge high heels for large calves?

I love high heels and as I'm really short they are a must for me on any special occasion, but I have thick, chunky calves and don't always look great (in my opinion) with my legs on display. So my question is, will slim stiletto heels or thick or wedge heels make my calves look slimmer? I've read different opinions in fashion magazines, arguing for both sides. I think someone has asked this question before but I wanted to know what current opinions are. If it helps I'm a petite half Asian woman but I don't have slim legs as I inherited the chunky legs of my Kiwi Dad (my Mum has beautiful legs,dammit) Also what sort of heels are the comfiest? As I have to wear heels to town (clubbing) and no, flats are not an option as otherwise people stare at me and wonder how the 12 year old is getting into the bars, and I also tend to get elbowed in the face while dancing if I'm not wearing heels and don't have the extra height.

Our pick of the answers:

Wedge high heels! Those accentuate your legs and you appear to have slimmer calves

Carol asks…

Balance between 'tomboy' and girly?

I've struggled with an image problem all my teenage years: finding a balance between my tomboyish, carefree, laid back, don't give a crap about the way I look side and my side that likes to feel sexy +attractive + feminine. I hate shopping, but then I end up having no clothes I like. I don't care about fashion and looks as much as most girls, but then I feel frumpy and unnattractive next to them. I don't care enough to go to extreme lengths to look good, but I don't like NOT looking good. It's ALL one big vicious cycle. I like loose comfortable clothes but it doesn't do my figure justice. I resent having to shave my legs and wear make-up. I have this huge part of me that associates putting effort into my appearance with guilt - like I'm selling out or it's making me a bad person. But when I AM all 'dolled up' in skinny jeans and stilettos in bars + do feel feminine... I just look like every other girl - not the rock'n'roll tomboy I feel like at heart. HELP.

Our pick of the answers:

I think being in that struggle is very difficult because how do you be true to your comfort and true to your womanly curves. The cool thing about style is you can create your own something that is a combination of the 2.The loose fitting clothes is very tomboyish but can also be excessively cute when thrown together with some feminine accessories.Like skinny jeans and a cute flowing top that is comfortably loose with your hair up.Or even some small jewelry to emphasize other things about yourself.Like necklaces to show off a long neck worn with scoop neck shirts and tops.Or pretty dangly earrings to show the curve of your ears or small earrings to show off small ears. Wearing the bare minimum of make up only that which will bring out your eyes without globbing it on.Or a slight bit of light blush to show off your cheek bones.Lipgloss rather than lipstick for a shiney fresh look and it doesn't over do or isn't under done. There are so many things you can do to stay true to yourself on a comfortable image level.Start looking through magazine's and looking at styles on other women that you like or think is comfortably cute.And start integretaing it into your own style.Disgard the things that you don't really care for because sometimes we find that which looks cute on someone else doesn't look cute on us. You"ll Find your happy medium hun just be patient with yourself.You don't have to go all out but instead find the things that you think are girly and the things that you think are tomboyish and start mixing and matching the 2.Mesh them and soon you'll find your "tomgirl" style:) Good Luck, M.G

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment