Saturday 9 March 2013

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With Bunions

Jenny asks…

If my bunions don't hurt, must I get surgery?

My left "bunion" is more severe than the right one-- meaning it sticks out more. It hasn't really bothered me. 2 years ago, there was this one time where I ran with slip on vans for about 3 miles, that was the only time i could remember it hurting a lot! I've learned my lesson about that, and only run with running shoes. However, I've always worn high heels, and I actually can stay on heels that are about 4 inches or more for quite some time (over 2-3 hours)--even now! I'm a junior in high school, and my feet are about a size 6 in women. There are a lot of high school events that I would really like to wear heels to... I don't know if surgery would be good right now, however... it hasn't really hurt at all, and I was wondering if i even need surgery period. Help? oh p.s. If i wear high heels for a long time, my feet/bunions hurt.. but that's probably normal.. hahaha Also, I don't wear heels that often, only for special events, or sometimes to church. so if anything a couple times a month.

Our pick of the answers:

I too wore heels a lot when i was your age (my grandmother warned me not to but I wouldn't listen) I was even younger I walked everywhere in them,well I developed bunions and hammer toes had ugly feet because of it.(wish I listened) I was still growing then I developed calluses on the ball of my feet very painful.When I was 29 yrs.old had major foot surgery on both feet to correct the problem,well they look much better,but still have calluses had another surgery in may didn't help callus problem,so I can't wear a high heel anymore except a kitten heel Doctor said it was hereditary who knows.The bunions never caused me any pain but they pushed my big toe over which caused hammertoes.I have to wear some kind of padding in my dress shoes otherwise I'm in agony.If all you have are bunions then you can have them taken care of and your shoes won't have the impression.You migh even wear a smaller size after.

Carol asks…

Do you know of any good brand of shoes that is comfortable and fashionably?

I am a 21 year old woman, and I work in a retail department store as a manager. I am on my feet all day, and I really need good shoes. My feet are bad enough as it is, with bunions already at my age because I have been working this job for almost 3yrs with bad shoes. Do you know of any good and cute shoes I can wear? ^ woops *fashionable I should have added that I wear a suit! The shoes don't have to be fancy, but Uggs or sneakers are out of the question. Sorry, I should have added that detail.

Our pick of the answers:

UGGS!!! I know that some say they're ugg-ly, but they are extremely comfortable and fashionable. I absolutely love mine. Wear them with skirts or pants, denim or pink, Uggs match EVERYTHING!!! (except for mustard :) ) Flats and really high heels worn on a regular basis can give you painful heel spurs!!!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment