Saturday 3 November 2012

Your Questions About Shoes For Women With High Arches

Helen asks…

Women's running shoe with support for very high arches and underpronation?

I am a former ballet dancer who still goes to class a few times a week, but get most of my exercise now from running. That said, I have never found a running shoe that really supports my arches. To get an idea of what I'm working with, I can do this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/ballet%20foot%20high%20arch/wanderingapricot/Dance/high_insteps.jpg with my foot (that's not me, btw:). I wear a 7.5 (Eur. 38), D width in normal shoes. Any ideas?

Our pick of the answers:

Try going to a running shoe store and asking the people there about it. Tell them your size and high arches. They can be very helpfull and it is their job to assist you in finding the right shoe. If it is too expensive there the write down the name and size of the shoe and buy it online. At ebay or eastbay.com/ good luck with running

Lizzie asks…

best running sneakers for a woman with high arches?

i have such high arches that i can feel that i walk on the outsides of my feet. i am very unstable when walking and i often twist my ankles and i believe its due to my high arches. after exercising my shins hurt and when standing for long periods of time my heals hurt. can anyone recommend a specific sneaker that will help with my high arches or at least describe the type of features i should be looking for? i feel like most shoes aren't as soft and cushiony as i need them to be so that makes me want to wear something like tennis shoes cuz they are soft and cushy but at the same time idk if that would help or hurt my arch problem and idk if it would help me not walk on the outsides of my feet or not. i'm getting really desperate here! please help.

Our pick of the answers:

I also have super high arches. I am a long distance runner. I have a pair of asics. I also bought inserts that are made for high arches. If you have high arches, you are going to buy a cushioning shoe. (Normal feet need a stability shoe and flat feet need Motion control shoes.) If they are hurting around the house, get a pair of shoes, put your running inserts in them, and wear them in your house. My mother does that because she has high arches too and her feet are improving. (She used to walk around in socks and the shoes are really helping her feet!) Hope that helped!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment