Monday 19 November 2012

Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

Lisa asks…

What should I wear for squash?

I already have non - marking all white court/tennis shoes and a squash racket. I'm gonna wear a t - shirt. But sweats? Or shorts? Anything else?

Our pick of the answers:

Depends on weather, either sweats or shorts are fine. Have fun :)

Sandra asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll be honest: it will probably get squashed under my shoe. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college, and I've stepped on a lot of them over the years. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my friends don't think twice about planting a foot over some busy anthill on the sidewalk in order to cause a little chaos, nor do I, and I've done that plenty of times. I can definitely think of more painful ways for a bug to die than getting instantly crushed under a gigantic sneaker. Why would it be wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true somewhat. Does that mean I view bugs as less significant than me? Well, yeah I guess I do. But is that necessarily untrue? Compared to them, I'm a giant.

Our pick of the answers:

Mainly because some people see it the same as simply killing something weaker than you because you don't like the way it looks. People sometimes view little tiny bugs the same as they do dogs and cats, or even people in some cases! I think it's pointless to go out of your own way to kill a harmless bug, but I can't say that I would cry over it if someone did kill an innocent bug. Some people also believe that killing bugs = bad karma. However, I think we kill enough innocent little bugs as it is. If all of those gross looking bugs suddenly went extinct, then we would be facing some problems.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment