Saturday 15 September 2012

Your Questions About New High Heels Without Heel

Susan asks…

Is it sexual harassment if my boss compliments my high heels?

My boss at work just told me this morning that he "liked the new high heels" I wore to work today, and that "those actually look pretty good on you without pantyhose." He explained how for years it had been "frowned upon" for "girls in the office to not wear pantyhose" and to "wear shoes barefoot"; but that lately he'd been seeing it around more and more often and that while he was skeptical at first he had "started to think it looked pretty good" afterall. I wasn't sure what to say, so at first I just said "thanks", then I added that "I actually almost never wear pantyhose to work actually, I always just thought it was okay in the office" He said "Right, well thats what I meant. In your case its definitely fine if you dont wear pantyhose." But then added that "Really, I think its really starting to be fine for everybody, as long as its office appropriate." I'm not actually personally offended by anything my Boss said to me; I was just wondering if that can be considered sexual harassment under the law? Is he allowed to compliment my high heels?

Our pick of the answers:

Why would you wear something that flatters your body type and then think somebody commenting on it in a positive manner is sexually harassing you? I keep waiting to hear of the first man filing a sexual Harassment charge against a female who wears sexy revealing clothes to work. That is just as likely to be considered harassment. It can be hard to ignore an erection all day

Mandy asks…

Does anyone else get in trouble for taking too many smoke breaks at work?

Has anyone else here ever gotten in trouble at work for taking too many smoke breaks? My boss just chewed me out yesterday because he complained that I take a smoke break like every hour and that its distracting to other people in the office. Its really hard though because Im like totally addicted to cigarettes, which I know is awful, but I go through these stages where like I totally love them/need them, and I feel really irrational and guilty about the whole thing. Ive gotten to be a pretty heavy smoker, like at least two packs a day most weekdays, often times more on weekends like almost three packs a day, especially when I go out on Friday or Saturday nights - its awful I know, but I started smoking when I was in middle school and Ive struggled with my addiction to cigarettes for over ten years. Ive kinda half-heartedly tried different things to quit smoking every now and then, when I felt in the mood, like the nicorette gum and the patch, but they dont seem to work that well and deep down I know that I actually love everything about smoking so much it makes it so hard to want to leave behind, so I always just end up giving in and starting up smoking more than before, all over again. In fact, earlier this week I decided to get back on the patch again (the 21mg) along with the Nicorette gum (4mg) and was going to try to use them as part of a slow, measured step down where I try to smoke 1 cigarette a day less than the day before - starting by limiting myself to only 40 cigarettes on monday, then 39 yesterday, and hopefully I would have only needed 38 cigarettes today...but then my boss had to go and ruin everything by stressing me out, and causing me to smoke about 55 cigarettes just yesterday There I was yesterday, being so proud of myself for trying to maintain the goal of limiting myself to only 39 cigarettes all day, I was at work coming back into the office after another smoke break with another girl who works here - when my boss pulled me asside and gave me a talking to about taking too many smoke breaks at work and that I always reeked of stale cigarettes among other things like telling me I wasnt dressing professionally enough because I wore too many short skirts and high heels without pantyhose around the office like everyday, which is total bs because I read the dress code and measured my skirt length and also saw that the only office requirement on shoes is that they be black, it didnt say I had to wear socks or pantyhose with the shoes, just that they have to be black - which mine were - so I cant tell if one thing was a pre-text for the other or what - but I show up everyday on time, often times early, and I never leave early, in fact I often stay a little bit extra late to help close everything down for the day. so like I have no idea what gives him the right to complain to me about those other things - especially not when I never take a smoke break alone - I always take a smoke break with one of the other girls in the office - basically, I just join whoever is going out for their smoke break, which I cant see as wrong - about the worst thing I could be accused of is occasionally I will quietly mention that Im headed out for another smoke break and ask or encourage one of the other girls in the office to come have a cigarette with me so I dont have to smoke alone - but thats about it. I always do the rest of my work, and I always do a good job and get my work done on time - so I dont know why he was so hot under the collar about it... but it really stressed me out, and after work I was so worried about getting fired that I couldnt stop smoking one cigarette after the other when I got home, and before I knew it I had smoked 55 cigarettes! On a weekday! so awful, I know, but I could barely keep myself from finishing that third pack of cigarettes yesterday, keeping it to only 55 cigarettes seemed like an accomplishment. So for now, I've reset my new number for today to be 54 cigarettes...one less than yesterday. Even though 54 cigarettes is a good bit more than I might ordinarily smoke on a weekday, its still one less than what I smoked yesterday. Its hard enough as it is to try and cut back on smoking - especially while Im stressing about other health issues - and my boss chewing me out about smoking too much isn't helping the situation and in fact stresses me out and makes me feel like I need cigarettes even more to deal with the stress from it. I feel like my admittedly half-hearted efforts to slowly cut back on the total number of cigarettes I smoke are being sabotaged by someone else who is complaining about my smoking in a way that makes me stress out about my job - it doesnt seem fair and I was just wanting to know that I wasn't alone in having to deal with these problems. Anyone else get in trouble at work for taking too many smoke breaks? or Does anybody elses's boss drive them to feel the need to smoke more? Just dont want to feel alone

Our pick of the answers:

Thankfully I am my bosses assistant and get along great with him so he does not care as long as everything gets taken care of. I usually take a smoke break every hour or so and usually smoke about 2 during that break.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here http://womensshoeszz.com/your-questions-about-new-high-heels-without-heel-8/

No comments:

Post a Comment