Sunday 3 January 2016

Your Questions About Heels

Susan asks…

How much of a height advantage do heels actually give you?

Like, do 5-inch heels really make you five inches taller? I'm just curious because an added 5 inches could make a slightly taller woman taller than quite a few men.

Our pick of the answers:

Nope. Heels make your feet slope down a lot, so as the foot bends, your entire body goes down a little. Roughly, 5 inch heels would make you 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 inches taller. Now with most platform shoes, because they are flatter to your feet, you gain a little more. Say 5 inch platforms can make you 4 inches taller.

Mandy asks…

What causes dry and cracked heels and fingers?

My fingers and heels are very dry, and sometimes cracked and painful. I have been trying all kinds of creams, but nothing really works. Someone told me that I needed to take certain kind of vitamins. Who knows what vitamin I should take?

Our pick of the answers:

You could try taking vitamin E - most caused for me by my house having dry air, I cured this last year by buying a warm mist humidifier for my home and run it all the time. I also use Avon for extremely dry skin and use that, with super glue to seal the cracks in my fingers until they heal. Working hands cream before you go to bed with socks on your feet. Avon also carries a foot cream for cracked heels that works well.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment