Thursday 7 January 2016

Your Questions About Heels With Spikes

Sharon asks…

my ankles and mostly heels hurt...is it something called spikes?

yeah. we i play softball, run, and do alot of things, or im just sitting and all of a sudden my heel is just killing me, sometimes its in my ankle. I am 12 so its not old age. my mom said it might be something like spikes or something? where parts of your bones rub against something??? help me?

Our pick of the answers:

You are probably on the verge of heel spurs or already have them. I once had these but I was working with a woman who was going to the doctor for hers and so I did all the same things she did and I got better without paying a doctor. First thing is to go to a medical supply store and buy those hard insoles with a good arch support. Then buy some of the ace bandage type things at the drugstore that fit over the foot and the heel is exposed. This is what the doctor told her to do. She put these ace bandage things on, put the insoles in running shoes that also had a good arch support and the doctor even put gauze under her arch for more support. The idea is to support the arch and allow the tendon that stretches from the ball of the foot to the heel to mend itself. When this tendon is stretched too much that is what causes the heel pain (heel spurs). I don't remember how long I wore these. I was doing a job that required standing all day and it was several years ago. I hope this helps. I took Ibuprophen for pain.

Ruth asks…

why do spike heels cause more damage to hardwood floors than loafers?

Our pick of the answers:

A high heel exerts 400 pounds of pressure per square inch when worn by a woman weighing 100 pounds. That's like driving a nail into the floor. The heel of the loafer, by contrast, distributes the weight more evenly.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Heels With Spikes

No comments:

Post a Comment