Monday 29 February 2016

Your Questions About Fafsa

Sharon asks…

How do you fill out FAFSA when transferring to another college?

I plan to transfer to a four year school starting January of 2013 (spring semester of 2013). Do I need to fill out my FAFSA differently for this year, or do I wait until next years FAFSA? If I do have to make a change, do I just list the college I will be transferring to along side my community college, or is their some special part of the form involving transfers to another school?

Our pick of the answers:

Since the Spring 2013 Semester is part of the 2012-13 Academic Year, and thus relative to your 2012-13 FAFSA application, of course you have to denote your transfer school choice on your application if you expect to be eligible to receive funding there.

Mary asks…

How do I use my Fafsa to pay for registration?< /h2>

I'm going to register for my classes tomorrow. I applied for fafsa and it said I could recieve a $5000 grant. I havn't recieved any money from it and I think I have to pay fees tomorrow but I'm broke.. Does the Fafsa info just automatically go to the school to which I'm applying to? Do I have to pay right then and there or just before the semester starts? (Semester starts in a few weeks and its a community college btw) thanks.

Our pick of the answers:

You ARE NOT too late! If you already filled out your FAFSA for the 2012-2013 fiscal year & it said that you could receive a $5000 grant then all you need to do is go to your selected school & take testing so you can register for classes. I'm a student right now & when I log into my school email account , there is an announcement on the board that says "Haven't filled out the FAFSA for Spring 2012? It's not too late!". The school will be able to pull up the info that you submitted on your FAFSA; the school does not get paid the grant money until after the add/drop period, which is usually 2-3 weeks after class starts. Contact admissions &/or the financial aid office; they'll tell you what steps to take. You should be able to enroll.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Fafsa

No comments:

Post a Comment