Thursday 18 February 2016

Your Questions About Fafsa

Sandra asks…

Can I use fafsa money to buy a laundry bag and bag to wash my bra in?

Can I use fafsa money to buy a laundry bag and bag to wash my bra in? Would that be considered supplies? Can I buy a drawer thing to put my clothes in with fafsa loan money?

Our pick of the answers:

Of course. Anything that you will need for school. Some kids stupidly accept higher loans so they have more to spend but dont forget you have to pay that back and with interest so you do not want huge monthly payments wh en you have to start paying them back and interest will be adding on those totals so keep them low, only to what you need and personal expenses and you can even use the loan money for travel expenses like gas or even to go home if you go to school away from college buying a train or plane ticket.

Carol asks…

What does fafsa do with your parents information?

Okay, so you submit their tax info and social security. They just check that is accurate and the social security is real? Do they run any further information? Reason why I ask is because my dad doesn't feel comfortable if fafsa would call his welfare office to check the status of how many household members he claimed if I say I live with my dad and the step mom with my two brothers? I support myself and don't live with neither parent.

Our pick of the answers:

Who do you live with? You support yourself? You need to talk to the financial aid officer at the college you are planning to attend. Tell them your circumstances as far as where and who you are living with and for how long and how long you have been supporting yourself. They will let you know if you need to add your parents' information on the FAFSA. I wrote an article you may be interested in. I wrote it for people like you who are interested in learning. Just follow the directions below. Google Examiner. Click on the item that says, "Welcome to Examiner ..." Then, in the search area on Examiner, type in "A new school year is an opportunity to explore new ideas" That's the title of the article. My article will be the first on the list. Please read this. It is not long, but it is an inspiring article. Good luck in college! ... I'm just sayin'!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Fafsa

No comments:

Post a Comment