Sunday 26 January 2014

Your Questions About Heels Over Head Lyrics

Laura asks…

What song is this? Here are like a few lines of the lyrics:?

I've got your runaway smile something something... always on my mind...(something...) I'm heels over head. I'm hanging upside down. Thinking you left me for dead. Califorina Bound.

Our pick of the answers:

Heels Over Head By Boys Like Girls

Sandy asks…

What do the lyrics mean in the song True by Spandau Ballet?

I love the song True by Spandau Ballet but don't know what the lyrics mean. What do the lyrics mean in this song? True- Spandau Ballet So true funny how it seems Always in time, but never in line for dreams Head over heels when toe to toe This is the sound of my soul, This is the sound I bought a ticket to the world, But now I've come back again Why do I find it hard to write the next line Oh I want the truth to be said Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue Dissolve the nerves that have just begun Listening to Marvin (all night long) This is the sound of my soul, This is the sound Always slipping from my hands, Sand's a time of its own Take your seaside arms and write the next line Oh I want the truth to be known Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true I bought a ticket to the world, But now I've come back again Why do I find it hard to write the next line Oh I want the truth to be said Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true Huh huh huh hu-uh huh I know this much is true This much is true I know, I know, I know this much is true

Our pick of the answers:

It is a six-minute (in its original album version) slow ballad-like love song that in part pays tribute to the late Motown artist Marvin Gaye and the sound he helped to establish. The song was recorded before Gaye's murder a year later. Band member Gary Kemp wrote this when he was in the middle of an unrequited love affair. The lyric, "Take your seaside arms and write the next line" was taken from a line from Nabakov's novel Lolita.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Heels Over Head Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment