Friday 31 January 2014

Your Questions About Guess Shoes For Men

Jenny asks…

How would you discipline a four-year-old who refuses to take off his shoes and wash his hands?

Assume that removing shoes and washing hands upon returning home is a long-standing family rule, and he has been clearly asked to do it, as usual, on this occasion. What would you personally do? Time-out? Spanking? Letting it go?

Our pick of the answers:

We have the same rules here. My daugter tried some time in the past to say - I won't, just to test me - but my answer is always the same. "You can do it yourself, or I'll do it for you. Which would you prefer? I am going to count to 3 and after that we do what you choose". We live in a big city - dogs and men relieve themselves on the streets; trash bags are left on the sidewalk for collection; public transportation carries thousands of people some healthy, some not - so we change into house shoes and wash our hands when we come home. This is how I grew up, so it makes sense to me. Out guests also take their shoes off (always) and because we have a small baby I ask them to wash hands (for now). She knows I am not kidding and I will remove her shoes and will carry her to the bathroom to wash her hands. I don't use this approach too often, but only on things that are non-negotiable. I only had to show her that I mean business once when she refused to undress and go to bath (which we've done every night since she was born). Her choice that time was - undress yourself, or bath in clothes. (I guess I wanted to avoid two fights - one to undress her, one to get her into the bath) Long story short - she was put into a bathtub in her clothes. After a short shocked cry she promply undressed and actually enjoyed playing in the water. If shoes off/wash hands is not one of the house rules you want to keep in the long term, let it go. But don't do it - "just this once" - and expect him to follow it next time.

Lizzie asks…

What is the point of giving a dying man dialysis?

While my cousin lay dying in intensive care this nephrologist breezed in and said that my cousin should be receiving dialysis! Why? My cousin was comatose with no brain activity and hours from death. I can only guess that it was to garner revenue for the hospital. Could they possibly have been thinking about profiting more from a patient who only had hours to live?

Our pick of the answers:

While there could be monetary factors, it is also difficult for a doctor to tell family that there is no hope. Everybody criticized Obamacare for the "death panel" clause. Realistically, Medicare spends over $50 billion a year on medical care for people in the last two weeks of life. Many doctors think that this is the way the patient or the family would want it to be. Conversely, I had cancer surgery in my seventies. Most people in my shoes would be in bad financial shoes if Medicare didn't cover this, say if such surgery were rationed, prohibited for persons over a certain age. Patients, family and doctors have to know when to let go, not to drain every ounce of life from a doomed patient. But it is not easy.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment