Wednesday 28 January 2015

Your Questions About Ladies Shoes With Red Bottoms

Linda asks…

Will you Proof read my paper?

It's not my best, a little creative writing piece Every now and then, the question comes up. It's unavoidable. Normal people just throw it around, in the most casual conversations. What do you think of this weather? I love this snow. Are those new shoes? Yeah, I just got them, thanks for noticing. How's your family? And that's when the lies begin. I've told them so many times I almost believe them. They're doing great, I say. Your mother? They ask. Fine, she really enjoys her classes this semester. Your father? Amazing. His firm just won a major case. Last they ask: how's your brother? I tell them I don't have a brother. Maybe you're thinking of someone else? Yeah that's probably it. The truth is my mother sold her art studio seven years ago. I don't think she's left the house in five. My father lost his job at the firm when it became impossible to hide the whiskey on his breath. And I do have a brother. His name is Chris. The last time I saw him he was on CNN, being lead out of a courtroom in shackles. This very public little stunt of his made it impossible for me to get a job. Our last name, Prezlocki, isn't exactly Smith. At every interview the human resources lady would ask "Prezlocki? Like Christopher Prezlocki?" and that was my cue to pack up my brief case, shake her hand, and head for the hills. After seven or eight interviews ending like that, I changed my name to Gavin Kelly and moved to Seattle. I got job with a computer company and I hadn't thought about my life back in Green Hills for years. But last Monday I was flipping through the channels and I saw E! Special on the 15 most shocking acts of violence. Faces of famous murders flashed across the screen. As much as I had tried to forget him, as soon as I saw his face it all came rushing back. I grabbed the clicker and froze the image. I heard my wife complaining, griping at me to give her the clicker back, but I ignored her. The memories I had pushed back for so long slammed into my head. I handed her the clicker, told her I had a migraine, and stumbled back to our room. I dug around in the closet until I found a brown shoe box. The box itself was insignificant, the cardboard was peeling and the red Nike symbol had faded to a strange orange. I pulled back the lid and stared into the box and an old newspaper clipping stared back at me. "Green Hill Killer Caught- Three Women Still Missing." I pushed it aside and started digging. Those weren't the memories I was looking for. I found it at the very bottom, where I knew it would be. It was a stack of old picture of me and Chris. The date scribbled on the first one I picked up said I was four and he was ten. I smiled a little. I remember that day perfectly. It was late November and Chris and I had gone exploring in the woods, it was just us two kids and a lunch pail, like something from a Rockwell piece. I twisted my ankle on a tree root and he carried me home. I wouldn't stop crying so he started telling me stories about faeries and trolls. When we got home I told my mom Chris had bravely rescued me from a bear. That's when she took a picture of her two cutie pies, and gave us hot coco. The next one was of us playing in his room. He looked like he was about sixteen, so I must have been ten. I think he took the picture using the camera timer because mom didn't think he was so cute any more and stopped taking pictures when he was doing "abnormal" things. We were wearing tin hats and I was trying to fight off the aliens Chris said were invading. Looking back that should have been a warning sign. It wasn't a game to him, and the transponder he was building wasn't pretend. There was one of him picking my up from school. He was chatting with my teacher Mr. Kohl about something and I was looking very bored. I smirked to myself and thought about school. Green Hill is epitome of a small town and every teacher I ever had taught six years earlier. That was back when "are you Christopher Prezlocki's little brother?" had been a good thing. I was always jealous of Chris when it came to school. He's smart and I'm not. Guess that's why he got away with it for so long. The final picture was the last family picture we ever took. It was the night before he left for MIT. I remember feeling sad, but I think my parents were relived. He wasn't their problem any more. It was hard to say goodbye to my big brother, but shortly after he left I found girls, and friend, and football. Hanging out with other people made me realize how off Chris was and I almost completely stopped talking to him. I think that's why I blame myself. Maybe if I had been a better brother he wouldn't have done those things, all those women would still be alive. I heard my wife walking down the hall and I quickly shoved the box back into the closet. She doesn't know about my past, and if I can help it she never will. Chris is sentenced to die next year. Maybe I should get in touch with him sometime. But what good would it do? Beside

Our pick of the answers:

That is a good start...maybe some more about how husband/wife met. The into paragraph is great with the questions that people ask...it was very insightful. Good work! Best wishes!

Susan asks…

is this funny or what?

Would you like to take my test? If the statement is true add the points in parenthesis to your score. Scoring is given at the bottom of the test. 1. You've ever used an album cover or old envelope for a dustpan. (5 points) 2. You've ever put foil on your TV antennas to get better reception. (8 points) 3. You've ever had to use pliers to turn your TV on. (7points) 4. You had to come in the house when the street lights came on. (6 points) 5. You had a candy lady in your neighborhood. (5 + 5 extra points if your house was the candy lady) 6. If you can count more than five police cars in your neighborhood on a daily basis. (3 points) 7. If you ever had to pick your own switch or belt. (3 points for each) 8. If you've ever been beaten with an extension cord. (15 points) 9. If you have ever had to walk to or home from school. (2 points) 10. If you've ever passed someone a note asking "Do you like me?" or "Can I have a chance?" check _yes, _no or _maybe. (7 points) 11. If you have ever used dish washing liquid for bubble bath. (9points) 12. If you have ever mixed up some Kool-Aid and the found that you didn't have any sugar. (4 points & add 4 if you put the pitcher in the refrigerator until you got some sugar) 13. If you have ever played any of the following games. (2 points each): (hide and go seek, freeze tag, captain or momma may I?, or red light..yellow light..green light 123!) 14. If your neighborhood had an ice cream man. (2 points + 2 if he rang a bell + 5 if he played R&B) 15. If you remember any of the following candies. (1 point each): cherry clans, lemon heads, Alexander the grape, ring pops, Chico sticks, baked beans, candy cigarettes, powder packs with the white dip stick, big league chew, "Wine" Candy (jolly ranchers), jaw breakers, and candy necklaces. 16. If you refer to Now and Laters candies as "Nighladers". (6 points) 17. If you've ever ran from the police on foot. (5 points + 5 if you got away) 18. If you remember underoos or the Wonder Woman bra and panty set. (6 points + 4 if you owned some) 19. If you've ever had reusable grease in a container on your stove. (5 points) 20. The batteries in your remote control are held in by a piece of tape. (5 points) 21. If you've ever used any of the following for drinking glasses. (3 points each): jelly jars, mayonnaise jars, mason jars, or peanut butter jars. 22. You've ever covered your furniture in plastic. (2 points) 23. The heels of your feet have ever looked like you had been kicking flour. (1point) 24. If you have ever worn any of the following fragrances. (1 point each): Brute, Hai Karate, Jean Nate, Old Spice, Chloe, English Leather, Stetson, Charlie, or Faberge'. 25. You've ever used Tussy. (9 points) 26. You've never been to the dentist. (10 points + 10 if you've never been to the doctor.) 27. You've ever wore clothes with the tag still on them. (4 points) 28. If you're acquainted with someone with a name as follows. (3 points): Kay-Kay, Lee-Lee, Ree-Ree, Ray-Ray, etc. 29. You have ever paged yourself for any reason. (3 points) 30. You've ever worn house shoes outside of the house. (2 points) 31. You add "ED" or "T" to the end of words already in the past tense (for example, Tooked, Light-Skinneded, kilt, ruint, etc). (3 points) 32. You pronounce words like this (1 point for each example you can think of skrimps or strimps, skreet, axe (ask), member (remember), frigerator, etc. 33. You use nem' to describe a certain group of people (for example Craig and nem' or momma and nem'). (6 points) 34. You've ever had a crack across your windshield and never bothered to get it fixed. (3 points) 35. You've ever driven on a donut more than 2 weeks after your flat. (4 points) 36. You've ever asked a perfect stranger to take a picture with you and told your friends it was someone you dated. (3 points) 37. Your child drops his/her pacifier and you sanitize it by sucking it. (7 points) 38. If you've ever ran a race barefoot in the middle of the street at approximately 11 at night. (10 points) 39. You've ever left a social gathering with a plate. (1 point) 40. You leave a restaurant with silverware, sugar, and/or jelly. (8 points) 41. You think "red" is a flavor of Kool-Aid. (4 points) 42. You can't hold a glass because of the length of your nails. (3 points) 43. The gold teeth in your mouth spell words. (8 points) 44. You don't have your own place but your child has a leather coat and a pair of Jordan's. (5 points) 45. If you've ever had to get to the driver's side of the car through the passenger side door. (8 points) 46. You have ever slept in a chair to avoid messing up your hair. (7 points) 47. You constantly hit *69 and ask, "Did you just call here?" (10 points) 48. You won't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number on the caller id box. (7 points) 49. You know a child who can't speak, but can do the "bank-head bounce." (15 points) 50. You think Tupac is still alive. (20 points) Scoring 0 - 30 - You have enjoyed a nice sheltered life in the suburbs. 31 - 60 - Hood movies have given you a little exposure. 61 - 100 - You may have visited the hood a few times or on weekends. 101 - 130 - You probably spent a few years in the hood, and moved to the suburbs. 131 - 160 - You're the genuine article. You are no stranger to hood life. 161 - 200 - You are definitely, without a doubt an expert on life in the hood. 201+ - Congratulations! You are Ghetto Fabulous!

Our pick of the answers:

Too much reading sorry cant answer i dont have that much patience

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment