Sunday 22 March 2015

Your Questions About High Heels For Men

Lizzie asks…

If men wore dresses + high heels would that stop feminism?

For some time I have been pondering the plight of modern women who have quite rightly pushed for equal rights in pay and more so in relationships - women treating men like men have treated women time immemorial ? It occurs to me that women have taken on male traits in order to compete - or feel they must become male orientated if to be taken seriously. however, has feminism gone to far ? and if men decided or it became fashionable for men to wear dresses + high heels would this stop feminism? - would women back away from trying to emulate men knowing men were taking on a more feminine role ? in at least dress sense ? This question is meant To be taken as hypothetical as I know Men will say " I will never wear a dress" , Id just like ppls reaction to the idea IF men copied women more.

Our pick of the answers:

I don't think that women seeking equal treatment in work etc is them trying to "emulate men", rather for women to be treated like people. I also think that men should be allowed to explore their more feminine traits and not be shamed for it. So if they'd like to wear a dress and high heels I would ideally like that to be as normal and non-ridiculous as a woman wearing a pair of trousers and flat shoes. There are men who enjoy wearing dresses and high heels, but they are frequently stigmatised and even attacked for it. It's quite strange if you think about it: men throughout history have worn skirt-like garments - it's only recent western culture that has labelled them as womenswear. I don't think feminism has gone too far, we're still a long way from achieving equality. I personally wouldn't stop fighting for equal pay and for an end to discrimination because it suddenly became fashionable for men to wear dresses.

Mandy asks…

What's so wrong about men who weaing high-heels?

Ok I am a 24 y/o male and I enjoy wearing 4" stiletto heels. I wear them out in public sometimes and have gotten mixed responses. Women generally are ok with it and I have gotten several comments on how nice my heels look and have been asked where I got them. Men on the other hand typically have the opposite reaction. I always hear the standard gay bashing phrases from most men. My question is other than society gender-labeling clothing and shoes whats so wrong about a guy who wears high-heels. High-heels were originally created for men back in the 1500's in France....and please no comments like "This isn't France." I am being serious with this question and would like serious answers I don't wear the heels for added height. As a matter of fact when I wear the heels I own I stand at 7'1"

Our pick of the answers:

I honestly think men in high heels look better than most women in high heels. The problem with society is that if a guy wears womens clothing, he is gay. Like.. Wtf? Then if a women wears guys clothing, she's either considered a "tomboy" or it goes unnoticed for a bit. It all comes back to equal rights and what society says is right, and on most things, it isn't.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About High Heels For Men

No comments:

Post a Comment