Monday 30 March 2015

Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

Susan asks…

is it wrong for me to tell my girlfriend to rebel against her mom?

d is gonna turn 18 soon. I'm a year younger then her. Her mom is a strict catholic and really controlling. Basically my girlfriend can hardly leave the house. And if her mom knew we were dating she wouldn't be allowed to leave at all. And her mom basically says that she can't move out until she is married. She pushes her to become a housewife. There is nothing wrong with that. But i mean her mom constantly squashes her dreams. So she has like no ambition. And she calls herself stupid. And has low self esteem. Her mom being strict never bothered me before. Because it never bothered her. But today she came over and she was in tears. Apparently her mom is saying she can't go to prom. I mean she is going with her friends not with me. And now she is saying she doesn't even wanna go anymore. And shes crying her eyes out. And idk what her mom said to her but it musta been bad. She was telling me she doesn't want her mom to control her the way she does her sisters. I didn't really say anything i just tried to comfort her. But i mean my girlfriend has a good job. And she has older friends. And it wouldn't be hard for her to move out. She could even come stay with me. I just feel like she is so responsible for her age but her mom still treats her badly. Would it be wrong for me to tell her my opinion on this matter? Or should i just leave it alone?

Our pick of the answers:

Having unreasonably strict parents is nothing new, so dont worry about that. The best way to deal with that is to try and change her mothers mind about what is proper, and what is unrealistic. At 17, she will not want to hear it from you, so you need to show her. I know kids now a days dont want to properly court their girlfriends but it is the best way to change their minds. I went to my girlfriends house everyday for 3 years, and only after her parents saw who i was and what i was about did they let us go out, now we just went of a 2 week vacation out of the country, with no trust problems. At 17 neither of you can 'tell' her mom how it is gonna be, so the real question is...is she worth the effort? Would you go see her at her house only for a year, for 2. Are you and she patient enough to show her mother that you are mature enough for her to trust you two together? At 17 i was in your shoes, nos at 26 her parents are very different...but it took 3 years to get them to be that way...my girlfriend (soon to be wife) was worth it though :)

Maria asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll be honest: it will probably get squashed. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college, and I've stepped on a lot of them over the years. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends don't think twice about planting a foot over some busy anthill on the sidewalk in order to cause a little panic and chaos, nor do I, and I've done that plenty of times, with no real harm done. I can definitely think of more painful ways for ants to die than getting instantly crushed beneath a gigantic running shoe. Why would it be wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true somewhat. Does that mean I view bugs as less significant than me? Well, yeah I guess I do. But is that necessarily untrue? Compared to them, I'm a giant.

Our pick of the answers:

Well ........ Personally ...I just don't like to look at a squashed bug ........ Not one of my favorite things...stepping on them...one on one...seems futile... Besides ...he may have kids at home ...just doing what he has to do ... But ....I don't mind wiping-out the whole nest...if I perceive a threat ...SQUASH ! ... Roaches ...mosquitoes... Black widow spiders and termities ....Gotta Go !..... I can get along with ants ...they don't eat much...just don't come to the picnic... For the most part ....if they ain't bothering me ...I don't bother them .....

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment