Monday 27 April 2015

Your Questions About Women's Shoes

Lizzie asks…

What are the best and cheapest basketball shoes to get?

My sister is playing on the basketball team at her school. It is 4th - 6th grade and they are only playing games only against her school. She is in 6th grade, and wears size 10.5 in women's shoes, and this is her first year playing. What would be the cheapest and best shoes to get her for her birthday??

Our pick of the answers:

I think the 2011 Hyperfuse are a good deal.

Helen asks…

What is the difference between men and women shoes?

Particularly running shoes? I've been looking for a pair of good running shoes for winter (running on snow/ice) and now that I found the pair I'd like with a reasonable price and great reviews, it seems that the company only produces them in men sizing. If I were to convert my size to men's and order the shoe, do you think it would fit as well as a women's shoe? I have narrow feet and I'm not sure if all men shoes are made wider. I have to order online so I can't try them on first.

Our pick of the answers:

They're sized differently at the minimum. For example, men's shoes are a D width by default while I believe women's are a B. I believe manufacturers also tend to expect men will have slightly wider forefeet, etc. I'd also be careful about converting sizing -- you really need to try things on firsthand. If you buy online, at least make sure it's someplace that will take returns -- preferably with free return shipping. There are very high odds you won't get something you like on your first go, especially if you've never tried things on, and are just going off of review online. Your arch, pronation, whatever could be vastly different from the reviewers, and most people reviewing have been fitted for their shoes in running specialty store.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment