Wednesday 29 April 2015

Your Questions About Stilettos

Donna asks…

Can I use the Sirius Stiletto on an airplane/subway and recieve a decent signal?

I like talk radio more than listening to music so the Sirius Stiletto is appealing more so than an iPod. I am always on the go, be it car, airplane or subway and was wondering if I would have any trouble receiving a signal in an airplane, car or subway. Thanks for any help in advance. Ryan

Our pick of the answers:

The stiletto can record content from radio shows,not sure about on plane or subway.most metro areas have terrestrial signals broadcast along with sattelite signal..stiletto also switches to wifi when indoors.

Linda asks…

What is the difference between a stiletto shoe and a pump?

I was on a website shopping for shoes, and almost all of the shoes were called 'pumps'. What is the difference between a stiletto and a pump? Is a stiletto higher? Skinnier? Pointier? What strippers wear? I have no idea. Please tell me! :D

Our pick of the answers:

Stiletto means "little stilt" in Latin/Italian, so it refers to a very high (usually 4" and up) heel that is extremely thin. Pump is a widely-accepted generic word for any high-heeled shoe. I work in the fashion industry, and I must say that nobody here in NYC really uses the term "pumps" unless they are moms/waitresses/elderly/professional dancers/etc. Everyone says "heels" as the standard generic term, and "stiletto" ALWAYS refers to extremely high and skinny heels. In fact, "pin heels" are an even more severe stiletto!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Stilettos

No comments:

Post a Comment