Wednesday 27 August 2014

Your Questions About Court Shoes

Maria asks…

How to get rid of smelly shoes?

So I've noticed my badminton/court shoes are starting to smell a bit and I heard baking soda works really well. The problem is..my baking soda has been expired for who knows how long. I don't bake a lot so I have only used the baking soda for detergent/cleaning purposes. I know baking soda is just sodium bicarbonate but will it still work to get rid of shoe odor even if it's really expired? (They have probably been expired for probably more than 4/5 months now) Any quick tips on how to get rid of shoe odor quickly and easily with home remedies are welcome!

Our pick of the answers:

The baking soda should be fine for this purpose. The reason there is an expiration date is because you might not get the right chemical reaction for cooking, but I believe it will still work on the odor. To keep from getting smelly shoes, always wear socks. Change them often if you have sweaty feet. If your feet stink a lot even with daily washing, you can put a couple of pinches of the baking soda into your socks before you put them on.

Sharon asks…

Can anyone help me find some different wedding shoes?

I absolutely hate satin shoes which is all they have in bridal shops. I want white leather shoes but not boring court shoes and nothing too pointy as I have big feet that don't need to look any bigger! Anyone got any ideas? I am in the UK.

Our pick of the answers:

I don't know about white leather shoes, but have you thought about maybe switching your shoe color? I found a great pair of pink suede peeptoe pumps with a rhinestone dangly heart from Guess. That was a few years ago....I love them and plan to wear them at my wedding next spring. Just an idea...

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Court Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment