Wednesday 19 February 2014

Your Questions About Stilettos Nails

Lizzie asks…

Why do some parents limit teenagers from small forms of self expression?

I can understand no mini skirts, tube tops, dog collars around the neck, stilettos, etc. Those are all obvious... But when some mothers are fearful of their darling daughters wearing a certain color of nail polish, dying their hair a certain color (at 16-17), wearing contacts instead of glasses (? Really is that bad?), or wearing mascara.. does it REALLY matter? I'm no longer a teen, and my mother definitely was NOT like this, but I'm lacking in the understanding as to "Why". Boundaries are great, but some things..??

Our pick of the answers:

When it comes to contacts, unless they are by prescription, there is no damn good reason for them - they're dangerous, even prescription ones are and teens are not so good at taking care of their eyes (I was a teen with contacts once upon a time, not advisable). For me, nail polish and contacts are a health issue, makeup is arbitrary and only allowed at 16+.

Mary asks…

Tenants damaged hardwood with stiletto's... there are dots everywhere... can I charge for this?

I had my place rented for a year and I have hardwood floors in the living room. Of course I expect a little wear and tear but the girls either had broken high heels shoes with the nail showing or stilettos because there are dots all of over the hardwood floor...everywhere. I lived there for 2 years and never saw any damage from people walking on the floor. How should I proceed?... I still have the deposit.

Our pick of the answers:

Get a price on how much it would be to replace the damage area, and then keep that portion of the deposit. That is what the deposit is usually for. Damage or cleaning fee's. Get a written quote and show them to the tenants. :-)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here high heels

No comments:

Post a Comment