Thursday 20 February 2014

Your Questions About Court Shoes Squash

Susan asks…

Why do people think it's cruel to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten any bug I see crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll probably walk right on it. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college. Do you think that it's immoral? It seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends wouldn't think twice about whether or not to plant a foot over some busy anthill, nor would I. I never understood why people say it's cruel. I can think of more painful ways to die than getting squashed instantly under a gigantic running shoe. Seems pretty humane to me, maybe a little unpleasant if my feet smell. Besides, when something is that small in size, would you really care about the manner of its death?

Our pick of the answers:

In a way its just like destroying a life, and destroying an element of their environment. So even though I strongly dislike certain bugs, I would not kill them just because I dislike them. I guess I would feel more sad stepping on a caterpillar than a carpenter ant.

Betty asks…

Why do people think it's wrong to step on bugs?

I'm 24, have a professional job, and I still tend to flatten a bug if I see it crawling around my feet. If I'm playing tennis and I see one on the court, I'll be honest: I'll probably slide my foot over it to squash it. I've never had a problem stepping on them, even throughout college. I know that some people consider it wrong, but it seems pretty normal to me. Most of my male friends don't think twice when planting a foot over some busy anthill, nor do I. I can think of more painful ways for a bug to die than getting crushed instantly under some gigantic running shoe. Why would it be wrong? The rationale of "I do it because I can" might be the one used by bullies, and it holds true for me I think. Does that mean I view bugs as less significant than me? Well, yeah I guess I do. But is that necessarily wrong? I don't personally think so, it's an advantage of being bigger.

Our pick of the answers:

Respect for life, big, small or otherwise...

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here womens pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment