Tuesday 26 November 2013

Your Questions About Women's Platforms

Sandra asks…

What is the highest heel you would like to try walking in?

Would you want to wear it as a platform or just regular heel?

Our pick of the answers:

My shoe size is 40. I think that is US women's 8-9. I have tried 6 inch heels but I can't really walk in them very well. The highest that I would actually wear is 5 inches and even those are too high really, though I can walk in them nicely. I enjoy walking in them, and how I look as well, but they are not for going too far in I don't wear platform heels. Anyway, a 6 inch heel with 2 inch platform is just a 4 inch heel which is nothing special.

Sharon asks…

How do they size pointe ballet shoes? See details?

I see sizes like 40D M and I get so confused. How do they size pointe ballet shoes? I take a size 9 or 10 in women's shoes. Is that enough for someone to tell me my size?

Our pick of the answers:

Pointe shoes are fit by not only the length and width like a street shoe, but by the shank strength, box shape, vamp style, heel height, platform size and profile of the shoe. Dancers starting pointe or even changing their shoe brand or style go for professional fittings that can take about an hour to find the right shoe for your foot and level of experience. All of the features of the shoe must fit perfectly or you will not be able to dance in them. For example, If the shank is too hard you may not be able to get up on the box. This is not something you can just order online. Dancers that do this are reordering the same shoe that they have been using and know all the specifications they need. Make an appointment with a professional fitter. Your ballet teacher should tell you who to go to. I am taking it you have your teacher's approval for pointe shoes. If not, please wait until your get our teacher's okay or you will snap your ankle.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


If you're interested, read more here Your Questions About Women's Platforms

No comments:

Post a Comment