Saturday 21 June 2014

Your Questions About High Heels For Prom

Laura asks…

Im only a freshmen but I'm going to prom with a friend. High heels help please? Sorry long description..?

Prom is next weekend and I have my dress and shoes and everything. The problem is that im pretty short and the only way my dress wont drag all over the ground is if i wear high heels so i went to the mall to get shoes and i found a pair that I'm in love with and stupidly bought them. They are high but they're stilettos and super high. I never wear heels.But I'm sure that ill learn to walk in them in a week but after only about 5 minutes my feet start to hurt. I am going to get some of those pa d things for the ball of my foot. Will i just get used to this pain or should i just not wear the shoes? I don't have time to start with small heels and move up and I'm kind of scared. Another thing is that my date isn't very tall. In normal shoes he is a few inches taller than me but if i wear my heels I'm pretty sure that he'll be shorter by an inch or two. Would this be bad if I'm taller than him or will people care? Just two more things. At my school there is a dinner before for parents and their dates to go too but my date is a foreign exchange student. He lives with one of the teachers and I don't really want to go because i think it would be awkward. My mom really wants to go(my dad doesn't live with us) but I don't want her to. Do you think that teacher would go to it? I hope not... Lastly we have post prom where we're going swimming and bowling..its a school thing should i bring stuff for that(swimsuit, different shoes, a bag/purse, i dunno) or what?? And if i do what should i bring?

Our pick of the answers:

Lots of women have the same issues with shoes. My advice would be to wear them around the house, etc., as much as possible. You could potentially get used to them in a week or so. I would just keep on trying. The more you wear them, the more you will get used to it. Also, from what I remember from my prom, when your feet get tired of being in the shoes, just take them off and dance in your bare feet. Believe me, there will be other girls doing the same thing. Also, it doesn't matter if you are a bit taller than he is..it really wont be that noticeable. I think it would be nice if your mom and the teacher went to the dinner. You could always just ask the teacher if she would go for your date. I'm sure they are pretty understanding...seeing as how he is living with her and all. I would suggest packing a bag with the necessities for the night. You should bring whatever you feel necessary to have the most fun afterwards. Most important point is....have fun and be safe!

Sharon asks…

how can i walk in high heels for my catwalk 2morrow?

i got a beauty competition and ive got wear my prom dress and high heels and my dress is long so how am i gonna walk in my shoes without falling over. thanks x

Our pick of the answers:

Just remember to stand tall..keep looking straight ahead..and then put your heel down first..then your toe. Heel... Toe heel... Toe... Just remember that and above all be con fident and believe you can do it!!! Good luck!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers


No comments:

Post a Comment